New here - low carbs and pcos

Options
Hi everyone! Today was my first day of low carbs and I'm starving!! I met with a dietician yesterday and she recommended the low carbs since I have pcos. I'm not sure I can do this because I'm a picky eater and I want to be able to eat sweets occasionally. I'm so overwhelmed and feel deprived thinking about all the foods I can't have. Ugh!

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? What did you eat today? How many grams of carbs are you aiming for?
  • divinabrown447
    divinabrown447 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone
  • Debbiekorn
    Debbiekorn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How do you determine how many carbs you should have in a day to promote weight loss?
  • NJGamerChick
    NJGamerChick Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat this way as much as possible. What I try and do is eat equal amounts of protein and carbs (subtracting fiber) as I find that gives me a good amount of energy for workouts. It's definitely doable and gets easier the more you do it. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • sault_girl
    sault_girl Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Eat more fat if you're hungry.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    OP what do you have your macros set at, carbs/protein/fat? How many calories are you eating?
  • laurasnom
    laurasnom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Heya, I've got PCOS and follow a low-carb eating plan too...feel free to add me :smile:
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Insufficient data.....specify.....
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    @Yi5hedr3 check your private messages!