P90X???

Options
OK I START THIS IN THE MORNING!! IM GOING HARD CORE!! LOL HAS ANYONE DONE THIS?? I NEED RESULTS BAD SO ANY INPUT ON THIS WOULD BE GREAT! I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT BUT IT WAS GIVEN TO ME SO IM DEF GOING TO TRY IT.. aM I GETTING IN OVER MY HEAD BEING A NOVICE WORK OUT PERSON? :huh:

Replies

• LBROZ
    LBROZ Posts: 8
    Options
    I used it, omg great hard workout. At first I would only do as many as I could but always did the workout. You will build up to the full reps. Good Luck.
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    Stick to the plan and you'll get AMAZING results! Hint, the nutrition is the most important part ;)

Be consistent.
  • alynk
    alynk Posts: 27
    Options
    I watched my boyfriend attempt it once. He was completely out of shape and tried it and was sore for a week. He never did it again! I would say just do what you can, but don't overdo it because you need to be able to do it again tomorrow. I was thinking about starting P90 (not P90x) tomorrow... and I am a bit nervous as well!

Good Luck! :ohwell:
  • nfn13187
    nfn13187 Posts: 1
    Options
    I did p90x last year for 2 1/2 months went from 278 down to 218ish, if you're not use to working out like me it's a rough program but if followed and right diet with it should get good results, keep a towel and plenty fo water handy you'll sweat gallons. even the warm up made me sweat most mornings.

I've tried to start it up again this year but between my crazy work schedule (working 2 full time jobs) and motivation to dedicate a solid hour to it daily all at once I haven't been able to start it back up as of yet. I'm just recently losing the weight I gained back over the holidays per dieting, walking and weight lifting etc 5-6 days a week 2-3x per day between work, before & after work, but would love to have a solid hour each day to get back into p90x.

my wife also tried p90x and zumba *sp* she didn't have luck with either because she wasn't fully dedicated to her diet or exercise program she'd go hard for a week or two then fall back into her old routines and wind up gaining more weight back than she had lost a couple weeks after stopping. She just recently started using the app for mfp hopefully it will help her be more accountable and get her diet in check (she's bad about not counting snacks or not watching portion sizes) , I'm bad at the portion size thing myself is why I started eating pre-packaged meals instead of cooking as much since I'm still without a scale to weight meat or bad about adding too many sauces with loads of calories lol.

sorry such long response I guess i went into left field with how my experience went with it. but overall it's great program if you can keep up with it and follow a diet program that fits your nutritional needs. I could barely do 5 push ups on my knees when I started the program can now push out 40-50 on my toes with ease (a year later)
  • Jreneewright
    Options
    im def. not going to push it cause i have to still be able to walk.. lol i have to work everyday and then i have to help my step daughter practice for allstar softball so i get to run alot! ill prob try to start out slow..

the nutrition is going to be my hard part.. i think the kit has nutrition stuff with it but ill have to look.. i pick it up tonight..

is this something i can do twice a day?? i want to do an am and a pm work out.. will this be too much to soon? a work out just seems to wake me up in the morning and yet helps me sleep at night..
  • Jreneewright
    Options
    I did p90x last year for 2 1/2 months went from 278 down to 218ish, if you're not use to working out like me it's a rough program but if followed and right diet with it should get good results, keep a towel and plenty fo water handy you'll sweat gallons. even the warm up made me sweat most mornings.

sorry such long response I guess i went into left field with how my experience went with it. but overall it's great program if you can keep up with it and follow a diet program that fits your nutritional needs. I could barely do 5 push ups on my knees when I started the program can now push out 40-50 on my toes with ease (a year later)

thats awesome!! i would love that!! im sure it will be hard for me but i wanna try!
  • msjaxn69
    msjaxn69 Posts: 44
    Options
    I am into my last two weeks of Power 90. Then onto Power 90 Master Series. I tried P90X for about two weeks last year, then had to stop because I hurt my back. . .in the warm-up. Power 90 is a great starter for those that aren't ready for P90X. Tony Horton is a great motivator. Just stick with the program. . .whichever you start out with. Nutrition, nutrition, nutrition is the main ingredient to success.
  • msjaxn69
    msjaxn69 Posts: 44
    Options
    I watched my boyfriend attempt it once. He was completely out of shape and tried it and was sore for a week. He never did it again! I would say just do what you can, but don't overdo it because you need to be able to do it again tomorrow. I was thinking about starting P90 (not P90x) tomorrow... and I am a bit nervous as well!

Good Luck! :ohwell:

Power 90 is a great program to start with if you're not ready for P90X. Give it a try!
  • CollegeGirl19
    Options
    I'm in my third week of P90X and I completely believe that starting the program was the best thing I did all summer. I did quickly realize how out of shape I actually am though. It's tough, but it's sooo worth the work.