Broccoli!

Options
abertrand87
abertrand87 Posts: 36 Member
My husband and I are on a broccoli kick. What do you guys season it with? Have any different ways to prepare it? Thanks!

Replies

• erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I used to hate it, now I love it! However the only I eat it is steamed with some salt, can't beat it :)
  • BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Steamed or raw for me if I steam I will season in with Mrs dash
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    broccoli is one of the few veggies that i really only like steamed...i just like a little salt and that's it.
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Steamed with fresh-ground pepper and maybe a little lemon juice. It's also awesome if you mix cooked broccoli with oil, vinegar, a little "good" mustard and some sliced black olives... stick in fridge to cool, then munch away.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    A little homemade italian dressing and shave some parmesan over it. A little parm goes a long way so you can have cheesy without many calories. It's also good with the dressing and crumbled feta. Hmm I might be craving cheese lol.

I mostly eat broccoli plain but it's nice to dress it up occasionally.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Usually just roasted. A little olive oil, fresh cracked salt and pepper 425 for about 15 minutes.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a fan of raw broccoli, but love it cooked. Sauteed in a little butter, lightly steamed, or roasted in a little olive oil. Garlic salt and black pepper are my favorite seasonings.
  • abertrand87
    Options
    A little homemade italian dressing and shave some parmesan over it. A little parm goes a long way so you can have cheesy without many calories. It's also good with the dressing and crumbled feta. Hmm I might be craving cheese lol.

I mostly eat broccoli plain but it's nice to dress it up occasionally.

I LOVE parmesan..funny I didn't think of that!
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Roasted with a little olive oil
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    The feta is a good idea too... I have a container of crumbles in the fridge that I need to use up before it turns into another life form. But I think freshly-grated parmesan would be even better!
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Lay out on pan and season or toss with fresh minced garlic or garlic powder, salt, pepper, Italian seasonings and bake at 435 for 15-20 mins or 350 for 20-30(:
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Usually just roasted. A little olive oil, fresh cracked salt and pepper 425 for about 15 minutes.

Yes roasted! This is my new favorite.

Here is a quick microwave recipe I like too. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2015/03/broccoli-with-sweet-soy-glaze.html
  • abertrand87
    Options
    dklibert wrote: »

Yes roasted! This is my new favorite.

Here is a quick microwave recipe I like too. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2015/03/broccoli-with-sweet-soy-glaze.html

that sauce looks soo good! I haven't tried it roasted yet, but it seems that's a popular way to eat it!
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I think I will try it roasted too
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I also eat it roasted quite often. My other main way is in an omelet or sauteed to add to a stir fry or some pasta.
  • ChoobDriver
    ChoobDriver Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    In a pan. A little olive oil, some freshly minced garlic, chilli flakes, kosher salt and parmesan. Delicious.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    It makes a great curry. Mushroom and broccoli curry is one of my favourite meals.

It also makes a great dip to have with other veggies. Blitz it in the food processor until it is almost like a spread, squeeze of lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    In a pan. A little olive oil, some freshly minced garlic, chilli flakes, kosher salt and parmesan. Delicious.

That sounds lovely, I'll have to try that.
  • abertrand87
    Options
    It makes a great curry. Mushroom and broccoli curry is one of my favourite meals.

It also makes a great dip to have with other veggies. Blitz it in the food processor until it is almost like a spread, squeeze of lemon juice and a pinch of salt.

mm interesting about the curry..i'll give it a try :)