Dance Dance Revolution

Options
I don't know exactly where to put this question. I've never posted before.
Anyway, I have played Dance Dance Revolution for many years. Ever since I was 14. So about 9 years. I didn't play consistently. I stopped playing for a few years and got lazy. I ended up gaining lots of weight. Which I've lost plus more.
My question is: Do you believe the calorie counter on Dance Dance Revolution on the Playstation 4 is accurate?
I play for 2 hours (120 mins) on levels difficult, expert and challenge (challenge is the hardest). I sweat like crazy and get really exhausted.
After counting all the calories when I'm done playing, I've apparently burned 406.6 calories in 2 hours.
Some songs are harder than others. The end of each song shows how many calories you've burned. So i quickly jot it down and continue.
Does this seem accurate?
I sweat more playing DDR than jogging. And it is a lot of fun.
Anyone else play DDR as cardio exercise?

Replies

• ash_law
    ash_law Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I LOVE DDR! I haven't played it in a long time, but when I was at my heaviest I would play it once in awhile for cardio. As long as you input your weight correctly, I would say that the calorie counters are fairly accurate. I remember using a heart rate monitor while playing DDR and then seeing what DDR said and it was usually pretty close. If you are unsure, just make sure to not eat all of those calories back, or maybe only count half of what DDR says so you're on the safe side.
  • demon_etna
    demon_etna Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
    I usually play DDR in the evening a few hours after I've eaten supper and finished for food for the day.
    I also usually get really thristy so i have 3 bottles of water with me. I love DDR. Its so addicting. And constantly trying to beat your old score. Its fun.
    :D
  • huskylove94
    huskylove94 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have it for Wii and i lovee it! Its great exercise! 400 calories seems accurate for 2 hours.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i love DDR, its a huge fun calorie burner, i've lost tons of weight playing for a few hours each night. I think i was burning 300-400 an hour depending on how hard i worked. Its up there in the calorie burn with jogging and sprinting. i never used the calorie counter on the game, i wear a HRM.
  • gdyment
    gdyment Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I have DDR with a metal Cobalt Flux and IF you're on Heavy/Challenge and not spending 2 minutes picking next song, I could see 400-500 per hour. I compare it to running for an hour and it's pretty close for effort.
  • demon_etna
    demon_etna Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
    Thanks for the reply.
    :D