Talk to me about fitness DVDs

Options
Hi all!

I am a stay at home, mother of 2 boys. A rambunctious two year old and a 3 month old. I'm looking for the best 30 minute workout dvd.

I should include that I'm very out of shape and overweight (almost 100lbs overweight), so if it could have a modified person to follow at first, that'd be awesome!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Replies

• manueldelreal
    manueldelreal Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    T25 is right up your alley then. Dedicated modifier, main workout is 25 minutes with 3 minutes cooldown at the end. Shaun T is a good trainer, he's waaaay lighter in tone in this one compared to his bootcamp demeanor in Insanity.
  • TaylorGilbert1315
    Options
    Awesome! I'll look into it. Thank you! :)
  • manueldelreal
    manueldelreal Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Add me up if you want me to bug you about getting your workout done daily. I'm good at pestering people like that
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    There's P90 series with 30 minute workouts too. P90x3. It's pretty good.
  • Bri_Becq
    Bri_Becq Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hey! I swear and live by Jillian Michaels DVDs. She is great and most of her DVDs are in the 30 mins range. '30 Day Shred' is only 2 mins. And it is AMAZING! Best of luck!
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Fitness dvds are what I used and I started off with Jillian Michaels and T25. I moved on to insanity and p90x thereafter. You need a mat and some light weights and you can always modify. Their vids are 25 - 30 mins.

Now to lose weight you need to focus on a calorie deficit but exercise is always benefical to incorporate. My 4yo actually enjoys watching me workout and tries to mimic as well.
  • EmilDimov
    EmilDimov Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Perhaps T25 as a starter. You can also try Insanity Max 30. It is a bit more difficult but still has a modifier track. Gives better results than T25 because of the intense cardio. Otherwise P90 (Not P90X!) is a great round beginner programme that incorporates both cardio and strength training.
  • TaylorGilbert1315
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your replies! I'll be looking into all of these.
  • mmteixeira
    mmteixeira Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I started off the same as you so wanted something "easier" to start with - I have been doing P90 for the last 3 weeks and find I am able to do most of it so far - not too difficult with a good modifier. I also ordered the 21 Day Fix and followed Autumn's food list (using a daily goal of 1800 calories (500 calorie deficit daily) - I have tried her workouts once and found them a little more difficult than P90 but still doable with the modifier.

P90 is my suggestion for where to start... definitely a good starting place with P90X3 to follow after 90 days...
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    As an out of shape mom who hated to be super sore, I started with Rockin' Body. Shaun T was funny, the music was fun, and as I got better at it, I was able to up the intensity by adding the jumps and such to the routines. It's not an expensive program, either. Great starter program, in my opinion with 15 min to 45 minute workouts. Then I moved on to TurboFire. That was rough at first, but it kept getting easier!
  • ingfit
    ingfit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Check out 21 Day Fix and Insanity Max 30. Both are 30 mins long workouts. And a lot of variety. I'm doing both right now and down 13 lbs in 7 weeks. If you need a buddy for support you can add me ingfit on MFP
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I 3rd Jillian Michaels. She has a beginner shred too. Biggest loser bootcamp looks good to. We have it here, but I haven't tried it. Looks to be for begginners and there are levels. Biggest loser yoga gets big thumbs up from my SIL as beginner but hard.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    You could also do things like just dance or DDR or punch out. I have those on the Wii. You don't even realize you're getting a workout.