Is it healthy if I have a meal twice a day?

Options
Sometimes I only have a breakfast around 11am and have a lunch/dinner around 6pm. I also drink two or three cups of coffee and maybe have a light snack. Is it acceptable to eat almost all calories in two meals?

Replies

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Sure, if that's how you like to eat.
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    You can eat them is as many or as few meals as you like. Whatever works for your schedule and keeping you satisfied.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Meal timing is irrelevant as long as it's working for you. If you're not getting too hungry and consequently overeating when you do eat those two meals, then that's great and you should keep doing it if you like it.

I do something similar because I prefer less frequent but larger meals, and many people who practice intermittent fasting (IF) do it too with great success.
  • lionkingbg
    lionkingbg Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by healthy?
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    That's what works for me. I enjoy two meals a day most days unless an outside factor is at play. Today I needed a meal earlier in the day and will have had 3, but that hasn't happened in a while.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    If you get all the calories and nutrition you need, then yes. I usually eat two meals a day. I don't like to eat right after I get up. I eat my first meal at 11 am and my second at 5 pm, and I'll have a snack or two in between.
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I practice intermittent fasting which basically just gives a name to what you are describing. I eat breakfast at noon and dinner before 8 pm. I generally eat two bigger meals per day. I prefer eating this way and have seen steady weight loss.I like it. Its probably not for everyone but if you like this way of eating I haven't seen a downside of it.
  • bentongary
    bentongary Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat two meals a day and am really enjoying the feeling of wellness it gives me. Many health professionals including Dr. Mercola practice and recommend two meals a day. Many of the longest living cultures and people in the world have practiced eating two meals a day. I've collected some info on the subject at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k32HiLVHb9cFjkqiSfa3h2Yh5I5jhJvL9_JcOi8qCSg/edit?usp=sharing Feel free to make comments on it in that document.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    bentongary wrote: »
    I eat two meals a day and am really enjoying the feeling of wellness it gives me. Many health professionals including Dr. Mercola practice and recommend two meals a day. Many of the longest living cultures and people in the world have practiced eating two meals a day. I've collected some info on the subject at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k32HiLVHb9cFjkqiSfa3h2Yh5I5jhJvL9_JcOi8qCSg/edit?usp=sharing Feel free to make comments on it in that document.

Joseph Mercola also recommends avoiding sunscreen.

If two meals a day works for you, that's awesome. But I wouldn't do anything due to a recommendation from that salesman of pseudoscience.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Yep. I often eat like this on the weekends. Brunch and dinner.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I usually just eat two meals a day.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Lunch and dinner for me. I usually snack up to 11:30pm so no breakfast.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I've been skipping breakfast and eating more for dinner, with a light lunch and an evening snack. Works well for me. I've never been much of a breakfast eater, but I used to force myself to eat something because, you know "it's the most important meal of the day." B.S.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    bentongary wrote: »

Great compilation. Thanks for sharing.