post pregnancy weight

Options
Hey ladies!! Has anyone recently had a baby (mine is 9 months) and find is extremely hard to get back on track? I feel like I'm so busy with her that I have no time to eat right or workout. Tips or ideas??

Replies

• TamaraBrown86
    TamaraBrown86 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I've finally now that my daughter is 21 months gotten back into working out and eating healthy. I've been going very strong for about 5 weeks which is a huge accomplishment for me. I'm not going to lie, it's not easy! I have to make separate meals for her than I make for myself; work out after she's in bed and sometimes my housework is lacking. But I'm feeling great and down 17 lbs in 5 weeks. So far the biggest helps are meal prepping. Making a large healthy meal and portioning it out for the next few days. I do most of my working out as soon as she goes to bed ill watch Netflix while I'm on the elliptical or throw on a fitness blender workout. If I'm playing with my daughter I'll use her as a squat weight or arm weight and get a quick little 5 minute workout in. I just keep saying to myself- I already know what it feels like to give up, I want to see what happens if I don't. Good luck!
  • foxamanda1986
    foxamanda1986 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My kiddo is 6 months. I lost 50lbs before having her, have pcos, and conceived naturally. I gained 20lbs but feel much larger. I had my second c section and couldn't work out for 3 months and ate a lot of things I shouldn't have and gained about 5-10lbs more. I'm struggling as well but I've found that pre planning meals is helping A LOT. My husband and I also just joined a gym with child care. My 3 year old and I are going to take a mommy and me dance class. Do you have a baby carrier? I strap my 6 month old on and pull my 3 year old in a wagon for walks. It's hard, but I want to be around as long as I can for my kiddos so they're my inspiration for doing this for myself!
  • chica1986
    chica1986 Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Happy New Year ladies! I put on 3 stone (42 pounds) while pregnant, my baby is currently 4 months old & so far I've lost 21 pounds. All in all I think it's a case of doing as much cardio as possible even if that's walking everywhere coz at least you can do that with your baby too. Prior to Christmas I was just focusing on cardio doing spinning & clubbercise which helped me shed a lot of weight. But now I've started doing the Tracey Anderson Post Pregnancy DVD on the days I'm not at my classes as it targets the mummy tummy lol Well after 2 sessions my stomach aches like crazy which I'm guessing can only be a good thing... So maybe try it too?
    I've also decided to try the 5:2 diet, so in a month time I'll let you know how I got on & whether it's any good.
  • julievite
    julievite Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I have the same problem that I can't find the time to work out every day because I'm so busy with my kids. But if you are staying busy at home cleaning and chasing kiddos around you also burn calories. What helps me is to focus on eating a healthy diet and stay under my calorie goal. That way you are still losing weight and at least doing something! I work out on nights when I'm not too exhausted when my kids are in bed. Good luck!