145 lbs to lose

Options
Hey everyone. I'm rather new here, a few days anyways. I figure I can go ahead and introduce myself. I am a full-time working, married, mother of 4 beautiful children, 3 boys and 1 girl. Our house is rather full of testosterone and my little girl and I (shes 3) try to be as "girly" as possible! My husband have been together for 14 years next month and married for almost 9. He is my soul-mate, life partner, best friend! He has been with me through "thick & thin". When we first met I was about 160 lbs or so. We became teen parents, having our first child at 17.
The pounds piled on, I gained 60 with the pregnancy! Long story short here, in August of this year I reached my highest weight ever, 324 lbs. I could'nt even believe it. I'm 30. My body hurst, my back hurts, I was diagnosed with arthritis in my back and my blood glucose was starting to climb, making me pre-diabetic. I did have gestational diabetes with the last few pregnancies so I knew it was almost guaranteed I would develop it in the future.
My job is sedentary. I work at a desk, in a cubicle for 9 hours a day and 4 hours of the day is me commuting back and forth so I am pretty much sitting for 13 hours a day! By the time I get home It's 6pm and I am exhausted!
I had to gain control of myself, I still do. Sitting at a desk tends to be boring. Guess what I do when I am bored? You guessed it. EAT. snack, munch, nibble.
My husband runs a home based business and is very successful. If anyone is interested in more information for working from home, he can help you, It's awesome work! And/or if you know anyone who doesnt qualify for dental/medical insurance he provides a legit discount program for these things, we have the plan ourselves and we love it! We dont qualify for insurance and aside from that its way too expensive so its cheaper for us to pay out of pocket when needed and just pay the low monthly fee to get the discounts. Seriously its great stuff :smiley:

Anyways, I guess I am just here to look for supportive people, loving people, encouraging people. My name is basically simplysharon811 because I am really laid back, nonchalant, sweet person. I get along with everyone and I really would'nt hurt a fly. The 8-11 at the end of my name just came from the day I decided to make a change (simplysharon811) I love church, God and my family. And thats me :smiley: I can't wait to "meet" you all!!

Love&Light<3

Replies

• susanc1065
    susanc1065 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Where are you from. We live in Sebastian Florida
  • SimplySharon811
    SimplySharon811 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I guess I could have posted that, lol. I forgot to mention I am from upstate NY. I used to live in Cape Coral FL, love it!
  • Rineay
    Rineay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. I hope you find the support here that you need.
  • SimplySharon811
    Options
    Thank you @Rineay
    Rineay wrote: »
    Good luck on your journey. I hope you find the support here that you need.

• jodidari
    jodidari Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm Jodi. I think i want to lose 18 lbs, i'm currently 158 and i'd like to weigh 140lbs. Most recently I'm thinking to change my goal to 150lbs since i've grown to love my body how it is. I dont log my food much anymore (too busy recently) but i come here for the support and motivation
  • SimplySharon811
    Options
    Awesome!! Glad to meet you Jodi. Im glad we help eachother, we are all here for our own reasons :smiley:
    jodidari wrote: »
    I'm Jodi. I think i want to lose 18 lbs, i'm currently 158 and i'd like to weigh 140lbs. Most recently I'm thinking to change my goal to 150lbs since i've grown to love my body how it is. I dont log my food much anymore (too busy recently) but i come here for the support and motivation

• yarnellc
    yarnellc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow, I could've written this myself! Except I have 3 girls and a boy. Same commuting and type of work and all that!
  • SimplySharon811
    Options
    Oh wow thats crazy! nice! 3 girls and 1 boy lol...don't you just love it?! Sounds fun!
    yarnellc wrote: »
    Wow, I could've written this myself! Except I have 3 girls and a boy. Same commuting and type of work and all that!