Looking for food ideas

Options
mikeyb156
mikeyb156 Posts: 8 Member
edited December 2015 in Recipes
Looking to drop a few stone and want to adjust my diet. Any hints or tips?

Replies

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,835 Member
    Options
    Lower the carbs (Bread, Sugar, Pastas) Eat lots of Chicken Breast and fish. So fast and easy to prep so many different ways on on a George Foreman Counter top grill! Lots and lots of raw Spinach as a garnish to every meal too! I lost 42 lbs doing this! :)

Much Luck on achieving your Goals!!! :smiley:
  • mikeyb156
    Options
    Thankyou FFF ill give that a try
  • banannerbelle
    banannerbelle Posts: 17 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Eat lots of lean protein and veggies; for carbs, eat mostly unrefined veggie-based or complex starches. And lift like a beast.
  • mikeyb156
    Options
    Any set type of lifts?
  • ScarlettFever85
    ScarlettFever85 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    One of my all-time favorite recipes! Super yummy, high in protein and low in calories. I make it with ground turkey. Hope you enjoy ! http://www.skinnymom.com/skinny-italian-beef-peppers/
  • abertrand87
    abertrand87 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    eggs are best for breakfast (keep you fuller) with toast - bread isn't the enemy in the a.m.- you have all day to burn it!

protein bars (watch calories for some), hard boiled eggs or fruit for snacks

coffee with cream seems to fill me up after a meal.

frozen meals are my lunches normally and usually below 350 calories.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    you can eat whatever you like...learning portion control and keeping within your calories is what is going to be most important.

I eat a lot of whole grains, legumes, lentils, veggies, fruit, lean sourced protein and healthy fats from things like avocados, nuts, olive oil, etc...and I also eat pizza from time to time and desert most nights and I have an affinity for craft beer.