upper leg/shoulder day any ideas?

Options
Monday is upper leg and shoulder day for me at the gym. I have about 10 exercises that I do (strength training only), but am rather bored with the routine. I was wondering if anyone had anything they do for legs or shoulders that is maybe not mainstream.

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    take a look at bodybuilding.com...i swear I'm addicted to that site...I try and make my routines to last 6 weeks in duration...
  • elizabethblake
    elizabethblake Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Jackie Warner has these exercises she calls UFCs. "Stand in a squat position, keep your back straight and your abs engaged. Drop your left leg down (to your knee), then your right leg until you are kneeling. Return your left leg to its starting position and repeat the action on your right leg, always returning to the squat position. Perform 30 total repetitions for 3 sets."

These are KILLER. I've been doing her routine for seven weeks now and I'm just up to 20 reps.
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I do squat and presses... it's where you squat...and press.
    Got it from 30 day Shred, and it feels pretty effective.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    There is also a smartphone apps called GymGoal (there is a lite version as well if you want to try before you buy).

It contains a database of exercises, and allows you to keep track of your progress including number of reps and weight, muscle size, frequency of your workouts, muscles that have been worked out, etc.

Probably worth having a look...
  • Opusarlo
    Opusarlo Posts: 53
    Options
    Thanks for your ideas. I have an app now called Jefit, which has thousands of exercises in it. The UFC one mentioned above sounds like a real killer - I think I will try that one tonight.