Looking for dishes made with chicken :)

Options
Hey all!
I am eating chicken and 4-5 times a week and looking for new recipes ! Thanks in advance

Replies

• allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Ginger Garlic Chicken

Take some chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces, throw in a big Ziploc bag. Original recipe called for skin-on boneless thigh; it's excellent with boneless skinless thigh and tends to be a little dry with boneless skinless breasts.
    To the bag add 2 generous parts garlic powder (not garlic salt), 2 generous parts turmeric, 2 generous parts ground ginger, 1 scant part salt.

For 2 pounds of chicken, I usually use a rounded 1/2 tsp each of garlic, turmeric, and ginger, and a level 1/4 tsp of salt.

Squish everything together, and let it sit in the bag for up to 30 minutes. If you think of it, squish it around now and then as it sits.

Heat some oil (olive oil works, coconut oil works, butter would likely not work well) in a big pan over medium-high heat. Throw the chicken in. Let it cook for ~3 minutes, or until it's nice and brown. Flip it over and let it cook for another ~3 minutes. Lower the heat to low, put a lid on, let it cook unattended for ~5 minutes for breast and ~20 minutes for thigh. Thigh will be edible (cooked to safe temp) in the same time as breast, but will be better cooked longer. Take the lid off, increase heat to high, cook off any chicken juices until all that's left is chicken and fat.

Take the pan off the heat, shove all the chicken to one side of the pan, put the lid on, and prop it with a potholder or other heatproof object for ~10 minutes, until all the fat has drained. Serve plain or with the starch of your preference; I like to dip the chicken in mashed avocado.

I log this as boneless skinless breast or thigh, on the grounds that I trim every bit of visible fat when I cut the chicken up, and that washes with any residual fat that didn't drain.
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Chicken wings (bone-in) from Buffalo Wild Wings with buffalo dry seasoning, not one of their sauces.
  • killafitnessxo
    killafitnessxo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    allyphoe wrote: »
    Ginger Garlic Chicken

Take some chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces, throw in a big Ziploc bag. Original recipe called for skin-on boneless thigh; it's excellent with boneless skinless thigh and tends to be a little dry with boneless skinless breasts.
    To the bag add 2 generous parts garlic powder (not garlic salt), 2 generous parts turmeric, 2 generous parts ground ginger, 1 scant part salt.

For 2 pounds of chicken, I usually use a rounded 1/2 tsp each of garlic, turmeric, and ginger, and a level 1/4 tsp of salt.

Squish everything together, and let it sit in the bag for up to 30 minutes. If you think of it, squish it around now and then as it sits.

Heat some oil (olive oil works, coconut oil works, butter would likely not work well) in a big pan over medium-high heat. Throw the chicken in. Let it cook for ~3 minutes, or until it's nice and brown. Flip it over and let it cook for another ~3 minutes. Lower the heat to low, put a lid on, let it cook unattended for ~5 minutes for breast and ~20 minutes for thigh. Thigh will be edible (cooked to safe temp) in the same time as breast, but will be better cooked longer. Take the lid off, increase heat to high, cook off any chicken juices until all that's left is chicken and fat.

Take the pan off the heat, shove all the chicken to one side of the pan, put the lid on, and prop it with a potholder or other heatproof object for ~10 minutes, until all the fat has drained. Serve plain or with the starch of your preference; I like to dip the chicken in mashed avocado.

I log this as boneless skinless breast or thigh, on the grounds that I trim every bit of visible fat when I cut the chicken up, and that washes with any residual fat that didn't drain.

Sounds delishious ! Thanks
  • withypoll
    withypoll Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This recipe calls for pork but is delicious with chicken as well. I also add multi colors of bell peppers and skip the rice. it's one of my favorites.

WW Sweet and Sour Pork

Ingredients:

1 spray(s) cooking spray
    1 1/2 pound(s) uncooked lean pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips
    15 oz canned pineapple packed in juice, chunks
    1/2 fl oz mineral water
    1/3 cup(s) rice wine vinegar
    1/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar
    2 Tbsp cornstarch
    1/2 tsp table salt
    1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
    2 medium green pepper(s), sliced
    1 small uncooked onion(s), sliced
    3 cup(s) cooked brown rice, kept warm

Instructions:

Heat a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.

Add pork and cook until golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes; remove from skillet and set aside. Drain any remaining fat from skillet.

Drain pineapple chunks, reserving juice; set aside.

Combine water, vinegar, sugar, cornstarch, salt, soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice in a small bowl; add to skillet and cook until sauce is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Add pork; cook covered over low heat until meat is tender, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.

Add peppers, onion and pineapple chunks; cook 5 minutes. Serve over rice.

Yields about 1 cup of pork and 1/2 cup of rice per serving.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I just brought a honey mustard chicken to work for a pot luck that people liked. Honey mustard, ginger paste, and soy sauce. Place whatever chicken you like in a crock pot, pour sauce over top and cook on low until done. I used skinless boneless thighs.
    This sauce goes great over veggies too.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    chicken in spaghetti sauce with pasta, chx on top of a big salad with lots of toppings, chx with red beans and rice, chx gumbo, baked potato topped with broccoli and chx (and butter, sc and cheese), chx chili in the crockpot, chx fajitas, chx casserole with quinoa, broccoli and cheese, chicken noodle soup
  • gainer39911
    gainer39911 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Steaming is a surprisingly good way to cook chicken and it avoids oil. Here's a recipe for steamed chicken thighs with Asian flavors:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/steamed-chicken-with-black-mushrooms-and-bok-choy-230450

You can use this technique with any combination of vegetables and flavors you like. It works best with dark meat.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I made a really delish chicken dish tonight. I basically took strips of chicken breast, dunked them in an egg wash, then coated in panko bread crumbs. Cooked in the oven until crispy. They had the texture of fried chicken strips, but they were baked. I then threw together some garlic, juice from 2 oranges, soy sauce, sriracha, water, and cornstarch and made a sauce. Pretty low cal and really tasty.
  • TxLisa251
    TxLisa251 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Ww had chicken fajitas last night, and I ate some of the leftover chicken tonight. It was still tasty without all the fajita fixings.
  • killafitnessxo
    Options
    I made a really delish chicken dish tonight. I basically took strips of chicken breast, dunked them in an egg wash, then coated in panko bread crumbs. Cooked in the oven until crispy. They had the texture of fried chicken strips, but they were baked. I then threw together some garlic, juice from 2 oranges, soy sauce, sriracha, water, and cornstarch and made a sauce. Pretty low cal and really tasty.

Yummy!!! If you like a little spice try soaking the strips in hot sauce before coating them :)
  • killafitnessxo
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    I just brought a honey mustard chicken to work for a pot luck that people liked. Honey mustard, ginger paste, and soy sauce. Place whatever chicken you like in a crock pot, pour sauce over top and cook on low until done. I used skinless boneless thighs.
    This sauce goes great over veggies too.

I'm trying this, its super simple!
  • cassandranken
    cassandranken Posts: 129 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I tried this one recently and it was a huge hit with us:

Hellman's Parmesean Crusted Chicken

You can use another cheese but we definitely both liked it. I always cook it in a shallow pan, because the mayo makes it very liquidy and greasy. I don't think you could do it on a cookie sheet, but maybe if you tweaked it and used less mayo?

I've got a few others I can't find atm. I'll dig them up and post them later if ya want.

ETA: I have this GREAT crockpot chicken recipe I have to post here, but it's on my tablet and I need to charge it up. Favoriting this post so I can come back to it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

You can use another cheese but we definitely both liked it. I always cook it in a shallow pan, because the mayo makes it very liquidy and greasy. I don't think you could do it on a cookie sheet, but maybe if you tweaked it and used less mayo?

I've got a few others I can't find atm. I'll dig them up and post them later if ya want.

ETA: I have this GREAT crockpot chicken recipe I have to post here, but it's on my tablet and I need to charge it up. Favoriting this post so I can come back to it.

Holy calories! I do the same but just dab the chicken in olive oil instead.

I wish I liked the texture of crock pot chicken though because there are a ton of recipes out there.
  • cassandranken
    cassandranken Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the calories are kinda meh. Some people don't mind eating 300-400 for dinner, some do. It's still delicious!
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    buffalo chicken

2.5-3 pound bag skinless, boneless chicken breast
    12 oz bottle buffalo sauce (Franks or whatever brand you like)

Just put chicken in crockpot and pour about half the bottle of sauce of the chicken. Cook on high 4-6 hours or low 8 hours. Shredded chicken with a fork and stir in remainder of sauce. Cook on low 1 hour.

Great on low carb tortillas with a bit of shredded cheese and ranch dressing (we like bacon on ours too)

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    My easiest favorite is just putting chicken breasts in the crock pot, cover with green salsa. Cook all day. Shred....MMmmmmm, chicken tacos Maya's tortilla, 80 cals, 1 ounce of cheese, 110 cals, 3-4 oz of chicken and some green taco sauce. Side of veggie. Delish!
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options

I've made this one a couple times, years ago though. It is very good, my husband really liked it, but I recall even back then when I wasn't paying any attention to calories that it tasted very rich so it was difficult for me to eat a lot of it.

OP- I do a lot of crockpot chicken recipes. Heavily season chicken breasts or thighs with whatever seasoning you're in the mood for (Southwestern, Curry, Creole, Mediterranean, etc), add most appropriate liquid (stock, crushed tomatoes, salsa, coconut cream, beer, etc) to almost cover meat and veggies (or cook veg separately if you wish). Thicken with cornstarch slurry at the end or add 1/4 cup of rice at the beginning (rice will fall apart and thicken sauce for a bisque texture).
    My crockpot the chicken will be falling apart of I go 6 hours on low which is good for shredded chicken. 4 hours on low is perfectly cooked from frozen for 1lb of chicken breasts or thighs if I want my chicken to hold it together enough to be cubed.

• NikkiMichelleS
    NikkiMichelleS Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I don't typically follow set recipes, I really like to create my own dishes & changes every time! But variations on some of these ideas are great:
    Chicken piccata
    Chicken provencal
    Chicken enchilada soup
    Crockpot salsa chicken
    Variations on roasted chicken (garlic lemon; sweet spicy soy; herbed chicken)

Oven roasted Chicken shawarma (my recent favorite; I marinade & season several pounds of dark & white chicken, and cook in small batches as I want throughout the week, mixed with veggies)
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    My favorite stupid easy crock pot chicken recipe.
    Chicken
    Rotel
    Throw in your crock pot for 6 hours
    Done
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    This dish is always a hit. So tender.

http://www.canadianliving.com/food/chicken_schnitzel.php