Not in my home.

Options
Monkeymin
Monkeymin Posts: 197 Member
What food do you not allow in your home now since you have changed your lifestyle? I don't believe in forbidding yourself to eat food as I think in the long run your brain convinces you that they are want you want. So it does more harm than good. But I was curious which food have you banished to stop the temptations?

I have stopped, what I call processed chocolate bars crossing my front step. I allow dark chocolate as i recognise the antioxidant benefits.

Replies

• bjmk19047
    bjmk19047 Posts: 123
    Options
    No more Doritos or Potato Chips!
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I don't forbid any food or keep any food out of my house. Everyone has the right to eat what they want. No food is completely off limits forever to me either. I can have just about any food if I watch the portion size. So, I don't feel terribly limited.
  • manymuses
    manymuses Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Most processed food, but particularly crackers. They are banished!
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

Sorry for the double post
    I don't think I can delete it.
    I don't forbid any food. Everyone has the right to eat what they want. No food is completely off limits forever to me either. I can have just about any food if I watch the portion size.
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    We haven't had cola in our house in a long time. It's not forbidden, it's just never bought because neither my hubby or I drink it.
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    As of right now, it's either all or nothing and I have kicked ice cream to the curb. I know that if I eat it just once, I will indulge and make a HUGE mistake. I'll focus more on reconditioning myself for that at a later date. Also, pizza chain stuff, store bought included. If I want pizza, I will make it myself with my ingredients. It's the best I can do for myself.
  • Andee08
    Andee08 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I WISH I could forbid chips and crackers, but my sister lives with me and has hyperthyroidism. She gets to eat about 3,000 calories a day and not gain an ounce!
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    BREAD!!!! I could live on bread and water! I am a carb junkie when it comes to bread. I just go bizerk! So I have decided since I lack the will power I need to eat it responsiable, I don't bring it in my home. I make sure to stay away from that isle in the grocery store.

Bread just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside!! But I seem to slow down my weight loss when I induldge even if I count the calories and stay with in my daily limit!!!
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    NO crunchies.

Pretzels may be fat free, but that really doesn't matter if you eat the whole bag! lol
  • ChirishGirl
    ChirishGirl Posts: 111
    Options
    Nothing instant. I got lazy when I was married because my ex preferred instant stuff over homemade stuff (mac & cheese, chili, mashed potatoes), then it just became convenient when it felt silly to just cook for myself.

I finally remembered that I'm a good cook and it's worth the time to make things myself because I can control what goes in it and freeze the rest. (Granted I know this isn't always the option for every one. I'm single with a dog - so no one really cares what kind of stuff I do or don't have in my house but me)
  • Naomi_84
    Naomi_84 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I never have chocolates, sweets, potato chips or biscuits in the house because I know that I can't trust myself with them in the cupboards.

Although I don't have them in the house, they're not banned from my diet as I don't believe in depriving myself. If I REALLY want it, I'll think about it, try and put myself off for 30 mins but if I still want it I'll walk to the shop and get myself a treat. Usually I manage to talk myself out of it but if I'm willing to walk all the way to the shop for it, I know I should just eat it and enjoy it and log it on my tracker.

:)
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    I made the decision to not buy things instead of forbidding them from coming into my house or going into my mouth. I have learned that if I forbid myself something then I end up getting it I eat far more then telling myself no you are not buying these things for use at home. So if I want potato chips or something I buy the single serving size and that is a treat for me instead of an option.
  • Monkeymin
    Monkeymin Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I totally agree in not forbidding yourself something. But i know having chocolate bars in the house would be too tempting. If i had someone over who wanted to bring their chocolate bar with them I wouldn't make them eat it on the doorstep :)

I wish i didn't let crisps in my house!!
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Even before MFP, I cut soda out of our home. The kids will still have it on occasion at a restaurant, but there are just too many better things to drink. So, I don't ban it from their lives, just from their life in our home. My step son was pretty sure I was trying to kill him when the rule went into place. So far, he's survived...
  • Noonoo757
    Noonoo757 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    soda
    boxed macaroni and cheese.
    Pop Tarts
    Gummy Bears

Every thing will be made from scratch by me if i can help it.
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    White sugar,white rice, white flour,proccessed food...to the best of our abilty. Not forbiden we just never eat junk and if we do eat junk food on a splurge it is going to be quality.....notstuff that is flavored to taste like what you want to eat...yup the real McCoy...
  • SandersWifey
    SandersWifey Posts: 387
    Options
    Soda...
    Oreos<---These CAN NOT come in my house because I have no will power w them and will eat the whoe entire box in a day or two
  • SandersWifey
    SandersWifey Posts: 387
    Options
    Double post! Oops! :bigsmile:
  • mya2012
    mya2012 Posts: 18
    Options
    My enemy SODA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do allow it but I just give it an ugly face and all day and say Heck no! you are not sticking to me again
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Processed foods.