Help~

Options
SashaNiko
SashaNiko Posts: 17 Member
edited December 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi, so first my info:
I'm female, 18 years old, 1.70 cm and I weigh 63.2 kilos as of today. I've been using MFP since the 5th of october (with a starting weight of 67.9 kilos), so since then I've lost around 4/5 kl.
Thing is, it's been 2 months already, and just that. Why don't I lose as much weight as others? MFP put me on a 1200 cal diet and I've been doing just that. I've always been absolutly sedentary: no walking, no going out, I'm on the computer literaly 6/8 hours a day at least..
However the first month of the diet I started doing indoor cycling 2 times a week, and also walking 20 min before the class.
On November I started doing three classes per week with the walking before the class and sometimes after too, which are 50 min brisk walks.
Now on December I'm doing that and also one hour everyday of lifting weights, one kilo each arm.
On the first two weeks just two times I went above the 1200 goal by little, yet it was the healthiest, no snacks no desserts though. Still some rice or bread here and there.
But since November nothing: just loads of fruits, veggies and protein like meat, eggs, fish. I reduced diary a lot, a yogurt may be. Absolutely no bread or whatever outside what I said, and all this time I've just had like 5/6 desserts not too big or caloric. Before that was half the amount in a week, I ate a loot.
Truth is, the weekly calorie intake is always around 1200, maybe a bit less or more but like 1100/1300 cal. Depends on the exercise, since I eat some calories back, of course. Many days I do struggle to reach 1200 cal since I started eating healthier, BC I was not used to eating so many fruits before.
So what can I do to lose weight? I'm NOT hungry all day or exhausted or anything like that, if I'm hungry I go and eat two apples for example. I don't think I'm starving my self but maybe my body does think so? Am I in starvation mode or something? Or is it because my metabolism still isn't active enough because of how lethargic I've always been? I'm still on my bed/sitting most of the day. But I work out and eat well :(
Thanks for reading!!!

Replies

• cassandranken
    cassandranken Posts: 129 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    That's not a lot of calories. You probably aren't eating enough. What's your BMR?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    That's not a lot of calories. You probably aren't eating enough.

Nope. Not that.

Do you own a food scale? Do you use it? If the answer is no, start there. Report back in six weeks.
  • SashaNiko
    Options
    Wow, such a fast reader. Thanks for the reply.
    Really? All the sites I've searched thell me that's the amount :0
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    10 pounds in 2 months is great. The only thing you need to adjust are your expectations.

Also, stop comparing yourself to others.
  • SashaNiko
    Options

Nope. Not that.

Do you own a food scale? Do you use it? If the answer is no, start there. Report back in six weeks.

Yeah, I do.
  • SashaNiko
    Options
    SashaNiko wrote: »

Nope. Not that.

Yeah, I do.

I mean, I do use one. Why?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Because one of the most basic reasons is that people do not weigh their food and are eating more than they think. If you are weighing everything you eat and drink, then it's time to look for other reasons you aren't losing.
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    You have lost 4.7 Kilos in roughly 2 months. If you don't have a lot to lose then that is great pace. If you just starting exercising you might also be retaining some water in your muscles. Weight loss takes time and patience. Starvation mode doesn't exist.
  • SashaNiko
    edited December 2015
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    10 pounds in 2 months is great. The only thing you need to adjust are your expectations.

Oh, since the app said 1 kilo per week I thought something was wrong, since it's been 9 weeks already. Thanks :smiley:
    Don't worry, I don't compare on an unhealthy way, just to check if I was doing something not as best as I could :blush:
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

Nope. Not that.

This. Plus - if my math is right, you weigh 139 pounds. I am not familiar with cm for your height, but regardless you don't have a ton of weight to lose. So losing @ a pound a week is kind of great. Don't stress out so much about good or bad foods, or how much exercise you are doing. The main component of losing weight is getting your calories eaten on point.

So basically, it sounds to me like you need to be a little more patient, and you could probably tighten up your logging a little. Unless you are obese, you shouldn't expect to lose more than a pound per week consistently. Hang in there!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

Oh, since it side 1 kilo per week I thought something was wrong, since it's been 9 weeks already. Thanks :smiley:
    Don't worry, I don't compare on an unhealthy way, just to check if I was doing something no as best as I could :blush:

I think you're doing fine. Your loss won't always be the same every week, but you have a nice trend going. You just gotta have some patience. You didn't gain it in 2 months, did you? You won't lose it all in 2 months either.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You have lost 4.7 Kilos in roughly 2 months. If you don't have a lot to lose then that is great pace. If you just starting exercising you might also be retaining some water in your muscles. Weight loss takes time and patience. Starvation mode doesn't exist.

All of this. People who are losing faster usually have more weight to lose. You're already in the healthy BMI range, so it's going to take some time.
  • SashaNiko
    Options

It doesn't? My my, people say it everywhere, so confusing.
    Thanks
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Your goal weight of 50 kilos for your height would give a BMI of just over 17 which would make you underweight for your height.

You need to reset your expectations about weight loss and reconsider your goal weight.
  • SashaNiko
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

Nope. Not that.

This. Plus - if my math is right, you weigh 139 pounds. I am not familiar with cm for your height, but regardless you don't have a ton of weight to lose. So losing @ a pound a week is kind of great. Don't stress out so much about good or bad foods, or how much exercise you are doing. The main component of losing weight is getting your calories eaten on point.

So basically, it sounds to me like you need to be a little more patient, and you could probably tighten up your logging a little. Unless you are obese, you shouldn't expect to lose more than a pound per week consistently. Hang in there!

Thanks for the answer! What do you mean log in? I've logged in everyday except one :0
  • SashaNiko
    Options
    Because one of the most basic reasons is that people do not weigh their food and are eating more than they think. If you are weighing everything you eat and drink, then it's time to look for other reasons you aren't losing.

Yeah, that's why I came to ask :neutral: thanks~
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options

Werd B) 10 lbs is damn good!

Comparison is the thief of joy.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Logging as in weighing all your food. So instead of putting in "one apple" or "one slice of bread", weigh them. Accuracy in with the weighing of food will help you tighten up the number of calories you are eating in a day.
  • SashaNiko
    Options

Oh, since it side 1 kilo per week I thought something was wrong, since it's been 9 weeks already. Thanks :smiley:
    Don't worry, I don't compare on an unhealthy way, just to check if I was doing something no as best as I could :blush:

I think you're doing fine. Your loss won't always be the same every week, but you have a nice trend going. You just gotta have some patience. You didn't gain it in 2 months, did you? You won't lose it all in 2 months either.

Thanks!! Nice username :blush:
  • SashaNiko
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

All of this. People who are losing faster usually have more weight to lose. You're already in the healthy BMI range, so it's going to take some time.

Okey, thanks ~