Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Spicy Chicken Sandwich from Wendy's.
  • Rebecca_MT
    Rebecca_MT Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    acheben wrote: »
    Rebecca_MT wrote: »
    Very true! I love the Big Mac but other then the protein it doesnt have much nutritional value! Lol
    Um, yes it does.
    Potassium - 396mg (11% DV)
    Calcium - 25% DV
    Vitamin A - 8% DV
    Vitamin B-12 - 31% DV
    Iron - 24% DV
    Magnesium - 11% DV

Sure, its high in sodium (1007mg) and fat (33g), but it isn't devoid of nutritional value.

Im sure it has nutritional value, I just dont think its necessarily the best option if I was trying to eat healthy. I guess I have a tainted view as I worked at McDonalds for nearly two years and saw all the food and how it was prepared. & by saying healthy I just meant better options than ordering usual items at fast food restaurants.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Noodles & Company Buff bowls!
    I like the Bangkok curry one but sub out tofu and get pork instead. Filling, hot food.
    (Can't eat cold sandwich or salad for dinner in the winter!)

EDIT: 320 kcal for the bowl if you switch to pork. You can add a side of curry soup for $1.75 and 250 kcal.
    Total of 570 calories and just under $10 where I'm at!

Not sure about sodium but I don't have a reason to worry about sodium.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I like the Wendy's half size Taco Supremo salad. 510 calories, 8g of fiber, and 20g protein.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    As others have said, "healthy" is subjective. Unfortunately, a single fast food meal could easily put me over daily calorie goals. Even reasonably sized fast food meals bring me within 200-300 calories of my total daily goal.

Unless I want to over-eat for the day, "fast food" means I get a chopped salad at Subway. At times, I even can fit enough calories to add cheese in it.

A quarter pounder without cheese is about 440 calories. It is filling for a lunch for me - coupled with a bottle of water. If I want a small fries (229) and/or small coke (140), then we're closer to 600-800 calories.

I stick to 1300 calories a day and my breakfast is often only about 285 calories. That's got me at 1085 calories with a little less than 300 for dinner, unless I walked the dog and/or went to the gym that day so I may have an extra 250-300 calories there.

I envy anyone who says that a quarter pounder is filling. I'm hungry even when eating my salad, and I'm almost never satisfied with my 1,620 daily calories even when filling up with foods that are not calorie dense at all..

Your goal might be too aggressive. But I hear you, most fast food doesn't fill me up at all, unless I eat 1000 calories or more of it. I see people being full with a quarter pounder or kids meals (or a hamburger, small fries, and small mcflurry like above) and I'm shaking my head, lol.

I don't do fast food much, but chili usually fills me up somewhat well (or meat and veggies at the Chinese or Japan places). Most sandwiches won't, and I avoid fast food salads because the lettuce is tasteless.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    This Wor Wonton soup comes out at 800 calories, 122% of the daily serving of salt, and 66g of protein. I think I'm sad now.
  • Mokikki
    Mokikki Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Chik Fil A grilled chicken sandwich & a fruit cup
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Erfw7471 wrote: »
    Today was Chick Fil A grilled market salad. Yesterday was Burger King double cheeseburger with added lettuce, tomato & onion.

I love the Market Salad. I went on a field trip today with my students and we ate there. I wasn't the least bit envious of the chicken nuggets.
    I was however tempted by the Peppermint choc chip shake. Oh how I love those. My co-workers and I split a small three ways.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    A place near my mother's clinic sells the most amazing local fast food. They're basically pastries either filled or covered with all kinds of things, from greek yogurt with olive oil and mint, to spinach, to potatoes with peas and carrots, to local cheeses, to meat and tomatoes, eggs...etc. Greek yogurt has always been my favorite closely followed by spinach.

I actually found a recipe in English for the spinach pastries (and yes, spinach is traditionally made into triangles)
    http://chefindisguise.com/2013/01/22/spinach-pastry-triangle-fatayer-sabanekh/
  • Rebecca_MT
    Rebecca_MT Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    All of these are giving me ideas on what to eat!
  • celinend
    celinend Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Answers are going to vary depending on how you define healthy. I usually look for items under 400 or 500 calories and relatively low carb - depends on what else I'm eating that day.

I like Rubio's salads, the chicken tortilla soup at Baja Fresh, protein style burgers from In-n-Out, and the bowl of steamed veggies with Kung Pao chicken at Panda Express.
  • PoodleParent
    PoodleParent Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    chicken chipotle melt with extra chicken
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,538 Member
    Options
    Just remember healthy doesn't mean it's void of dense calories. Lots of healthy foods involve oil (IE nuts, avocado, etc). Weight loss comes down more to CICO than how healthy you eat. Mind you that's not a knock on healthy eating, but I hear about healthy eaters all the time OVEREATING just because they believe eating healthy isn't the cause for weight gain.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png