cravings

Options
OMG today I want the biggest icream sundae I can make with tons of freaking chocolatw. I get this way every month and this is the point where I ruin my good thing. HELP!!!!

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Try some chocolate milk instead, or the Yoplait Light yogurts that are different flavors? I love the Chocolate Mousse frozen, yum!
  • solskinnzombie
    solskinnzombie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    a lot of times cravings for super chocolatey things is actually a lack of magnesium in your body. emergen-c has a lot of magnesium and there are supplements and magnesium rich foods. look into that. but i totally understand what you are saying. i totally gave into half a snickers bar the other day. but it always tastes like more haha. im just going to try not to do it again.
  • gaeljo
    gaeljo Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Eat fruit daily. The sugar in fruit doesn't count as your sugar grams. Fruit kills sugar cravings. If u must eat ice cream eat sorbet instead its fat free Nd half the calories.
  • daisymaegreen
    daisymaegreen Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    this is a very poor substitute, but sometimes I'll simply make a glass of chocolate-protein-shake-mix with some milk. I also keep a bag of hershey's special dark chocolate nuggets witih almonds in my freezer for these types of emergencies!

p.s. oh, and if i must, i'll get a scoop of gelato!
  • sharoniballoni
    sharoniballoni Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I don't know about anyone else on here, but I'm the type of person who will not be satisfied with an alternative to my craving. So the way I justify having it is with rules. For example, I can have that ice cream sundae IF I drink an entire glass of water and eat 2 cups of steamed broccoli FIRST. When I'm done with that, I can have the sundae. Because I fill myself up with the water and veggies, I won't overeat on the sundae. You'll end up eating less sundae than you would normally and you will have gotten two servings of veggies in. Good luck with your cravings.
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Have a little icecream sunday. Have it in your calories and your fine. No need for guilt. By something ready assembled so you don't scoff more than you plan for. That's my problem if i have it in the house i can't leave it so i get a mars icecream fromt he icecream man. Yummy enough to get my super sweet fix but not enough that i use up a ridiculous amount of calories. I found the skinny cow mint chocolate icecreams absolutely gorgeous but again they come in packs of 3.
  • taz00071
    taz00071 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I find having a TBSP of chopped M&Ms with my morning yogurt and granola helps stop my craving for chocolate and sweats thought out the day. I know it doesn’t help the sugar count but it helps keep back cravings.

Which is my biggest problem..
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    funny how different people deal with cravings in different ways...

so here's mine:

I buy good extra dark (70 or 85%) organic chocolate and it is rich enough to both satisfy my chocolate fix and so that I can just eat a small serving.

salt cravings on the other hand... got nothin for you there, I just have to "say no" as much as I can!
  • JennyBanker
    JennyBanker Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone. I am always way under my calories but once a month I need chocolate. I just dont want to over do it. So I am going to go to the gym and sweat alot then if I still have the energy my husband is going to make me a sundae in a very small bowel, lol.
  • New_Lynn
    New_Lynn Posts: 19
    Options
    One ice cream sundae does not ruin a diet!
    I agree with the others, have a little of what you want. That way you can feel like you've treated yourself, but not over done the calories. And if you still feel guilty, do some exercise to burn it off afterwards.