21 Day Fix Extreme

Options
Has anyone done it? What do you think? I'm considering getting it for Christmas. I feel like the containers are kind of a gimmick but I've heard the workouts are really good. Looking for some opinions.

Thanks all :)

Replies

• ingfit
    ingfit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in my second round of 21dfx and I love the containers and the 30 min workouts. To me I prefer the portion control aspect of the nutrition plan versus counting calories. I still use MFP to track my cals and macros but the containers work out to be in the right calorie range.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    You can go online and look up the sizes of each container, and purchase those sizes at your local dollar store . then you could go online look up the program specifics and look up the workout on YouTube and do it. This will cost you just a few bucks in Tupperware.
    Or you can pay a ridiculous amount of money to beach body, a multi level marketing company.
    The workout might be decent , but like i said you can find that free online and judge it yourself. But the rest of beach body is a joke. Oh, be prepared for your inbox to now be flooded of "coaches" messaging you about their products. ( anyone can be a coach, all it means is salesperson. They don't have any special training in health, fitness or nutrition. They are taught to sell product because that is what mlm scams do . so don't be fooled. Beach body isn't anything special . the only people that praise it are the ones profiting from it. )
    If you think that cute little containers will help, go for it! But I would just invest in a food scale and be accurate .
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    You can go online and look up the sizes of each container, and purchase those sizes at your local dollar store . then you could go online look up the program specifics and look up the workout on YouTube and do it. This will cost you just a few bucks in Tupperware.
    Or you can pay a ridiculous amount of money to beach body, a multi level marketing company.
    The workout might be decent , but like i said you can find that free online and judge it yourself. But the rest of beach body is a joke. Oh, be prepared for your inbox to now be flooded of "coaches" messaging you about their products. ( anyone can be a coach, all it means is salesperson. They don't have any special training in health, fitness or nutrition. They are taught to sell product because that is what mlm scams do . so don't be fooled. Beach body isn't anything special . the only people that praise it are the ones profiting from it. )
    If you think that cute little containers will help, go for it! But I would just invest in a food scale and be accurate .

^^^^

She is 100% correct!!! ;)
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I totally agree about the containers, that's the main reason I DONT want to purchase the program. I've laughed at those things since they came out. I guess it's ok for people that don't want the hassle of measuring and weighting but have no problem with doing that on my own. So I wouldn't plan to follow that part of it, I was more focused on the workouts. Oh and trust me I'm used to the flood of messages from beach body coaches, I don't even read them anymore I simply click delete ;)

Thanks for the tips
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    And, if you follow the food containers and the calorie suggestions you will most likely be eating way, way below an appropriate level for you. It had me set at 1200. Way too low for me! I ate at the level above which was also too low I have now learned. But! When I weighed out and logged my food the calories were far below what the beachbody containers had me believing. It was no wonder I felt crappy. I thought I was eating 14-1600 cal when I was really eating barely 1200. The containers are off and I do much better charting here. The workouts are something I like though. 21df is quick and simple for beginners or if you don't have a lot of time.
  • danilynn16
    danilynn16 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just started extreme yesterday and love it so far. I have the regular 21 day fix program as well. I lost over 10 lbs after having my daughter using the 21 day fix. I didn't use the containers but used myfitness pal and tried sticking to clean eating. I really like Autumn'sworkouts.
  • mindysoo
    mindysoo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I like the workouts! Extreme has weights which is my jam... but I do have both and have good success with both. I have used the containers and I like them because my portions were skewed - now I see I was using like a 1/2 cup of dressing on my salads because I wasn't paying any attention. It was an eye opener for ME, just my opinion. Also, sorry you are flooded with coaches - not all of us do that and people who are profiting aren't the only ones who sings BB praises. I love the company's products and have not made a dime off of it (maybe because I don't flood people's mailboxes :)
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    mindysoo wrote: »
    I like the workouts! Extreme has weights which is my jam... but I do have both and have good success with both. I have used the containers and I like them because my portions were skewed - now I see I was using like a 1/2 cup of dressing on my salads because I wasn't paying any attention. It was an eye opener for ME, just my opinion. Also, sorry you are flooded with coaches - not all of us do that and people who are profiting aren't the only ones who sings BB praises. I love the company's products and have not made a dime off of it (maybe because I don't flood people's mailboxes :)

haha Thanks! I know not all of them do that, but the ones that do make it look bad for all the others. I am a huge fan of Beach Body, I've done a few of Shaun T's programs and actually decided to go with Hammer and Chisel (which I started this morning). They really do have great programs. I have no doubt I'll order more from them in the future as well. May still end up doing 21 Day Fix after completing H&C.

Thanks for all the tips! :wink: