Pho

Options
ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
edited December 2015 in Food and Nutrition
I like it with everything: beef, tripe, tendon, flank and lots of basil and mung bean. It's for lunch today.
300px-Typicalbeefpho.jpg
Carry on.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Replies

• scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I LURVE pho. I'm basic: steak. I also use it like medicine to combat head colds, over training, and bruised feelings. I think the lime makes it a very restorative & optimistic dish!
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    NO DO NOT CARRY ON! I love pho too! I usually get steak & brisket. For some reason the leftovers never taste as good to me so I just eat it all :smile:

The last time I had pho I also had a coffee. The lady brought the neatest little pot that you put on top of your cup and pour hot water into. She also brought some sweet condensed milk to add to my coffee. I would have never thought to add that to coffee - it was tasty!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    NO DO NOT CARRY ON! I love pho too! I usually get steak & brisket. For some reason the leftovers never taste as good to me so I just eat it all :smile:

The last time I had pho I also had a coffee. The lady brought the neatest little pot that you put on top of your cup and pour hot water into. She also brought some sweet condensed milk to add to my coffee. I would have never thought to add that to coffee - it was tasty!
    Thai coffee. Cool way to make it. Condensed milk is used in a lot of Asian desserts (like rice cake and mango sticky rice).

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    We're having Pho for dinner tonight :D I like just the beef, with loads of basil and bean sprouts, also: sriracha sauce.
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Love Pho here too. We make it sometimes at home, but it's a bit of a pain. Now Spicy Lemongrass Chicken and Vietnamese Curry we have all the time. Those are easy to make and usually get done once a week.
  • elite_nal
    elite_nal Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    <3 Pho with some sciracha or the sate kind.
  • MathildaZ
    MathildaZ Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i havn't tried it and i rly wanna , but there is no place in sweden that has it :I ://
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    MathildaZ wrote: »
    i havn't tried it and i rly wanna , but there is no place in sweden that has it :I ://
    Dang, I should open a restaurant up then.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    YAS! Bring me ALL THE PHO! Adding lots of chili paste helps drain the sinuses, too :)
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    MathildaZ wrote: »

You must move, or at least travel, to someplace that has pho!
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    'Tis the season to be jolly, pho-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la.
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I love love love pho. I can happily eat it year round, no matter hot it is outside. I don't know what's in the broth that makes it so fantastic but I never get sick of it.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Pho is the thing I missed most since moving out of Grand Rapids. There's one place where I am now that makes Pho, but it's nowhere near Asian Palace. Unf. I always got the raw beef that cooked so perfectly in the broth.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    We have a relatively large Vietnamese community here in Abq...love my Pho
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    @cwolfman13 Where do you get your pho in Abq? I've only been to Basil Leaf but I'm sure there are others.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    ald783 wrote: »
    I love love love pho. I can happily eat it year round, no matter hot it is outside. I don't know what's in the broth that makes it so fantastic but I never get sick of it.
    MSG baby!

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png