I THINK IM FINALLY DONE!!!

Options
mishelnkiki
mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
i have two cigarettes left in my pack, and am NOT going to buy anymore when they are gone! ive tried to quite before, but the difference is, i think im finally ready this time. for myself, my children, and my running that ive grown to love! everyone please pray for my coworkers! i have a feeling i might be a tad bit *****y for the next few days! lol.

Replies

• MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Oh man I remember how hard it was for me...Im definitely pulling for you
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You made the decision. It's going to be hard, but you can handle it. We've got your back!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    EXCELLENT!!! By far the BEST thing you can do for yourself to improve your health! Good luck; I know it's not easy to quit! :flowerforyou:
  • shaundam
    shaundam Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I quit almost 3 months ago and I am so proud of myself for accomplishing it. You can do it!
  • aimdawson
    aimdawson Posts: 31
    Options
    Every time you want one go for a run!
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Most excellent. Fabulous for you, your health and your family. You can do it!
  • oldscratch
    oldscratch Posts: 146
    Options
    gotta quit!!! good for u!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    You have a great attitude! You'll quit this time for sure! :drinker:
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I quit cold turkey. I always told myself that when I no longer enjoyed it I would quit. One day I woke up and decided I didn't enjoy it and I quit. It was a year ago on March 3. Still have no urge to smoke.

It might be tough as everyone's journey is different, but if you keep your head in it, you can do it!
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    You can SO do this!!! Super proud of you for making the decision. You've got our support!
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    when i was told i had to quit i knew that i couldnt buy anymore and that the 4 i had left would be the last 4 *kitten* i ever have..
    but everytime i smoked it made my fiance so sad that i just ripped up the last 2 *kitten* and never touched one again.
    and maybe it was easier because i love him soo much..
    but if i can do it so easily im sure u will be able to too..
    Although one word of warning, its been 2 years since i went cold turkey and i still ALWAYS want a *kitten*!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    You think you love running now? Wait 'til you run with no smoke in your lungs. It's freaking AWESOME!
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    THANKS TO EVERYONE!! it will be hard, but i HAVE to do it. its so gross! and expensive. and my running will improve SOO much when i do this. (i just typed if and went back and changed it to when!) I MUST DO THIS! thanks to all for ur support!
  • newmein2011
    Options
    Don't wait until you smoke those last 2 cigs! Burn them now! Have you a bonfire and say good-bye to them! That's how it worked for me. I've been a smoker for 30 years. I set my mind to it...started weening myself by seeing how long I could go without the smoke, skipping smoke breaks, etc. I had that last pack of cigs riding with me in the car staring at me, tempting me...oh how I didn't want to "waste" them. WHAT?? They are a WASTE of $$$ anyway, right? Just DO IT and not wait until you have that last puff. My new motto is N.O.P.E. (Not One Puff Ever (again)! It's all in the MIND! Your are already on the right path of keeping your weight down and in control, so no worries about gaining when you quit! GO FOR IT!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    I couldn't even tell you how many times it took me to finally quit for good... but you are SO right, it happens when you finally decide this it IT, I"M DONE!! here for you! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    thats whats up.. I prefer my women nicotine free :p
  • ccwicks
    ccwicks Posts: 39
    Options
    Good luck - I know you can do it based on your accomplishments and hard work to date. Why not throw out the last 2 as a statement or set them in lucite as a trophy to yourself and the ultimate victory.

Regards,
    CC
  • kerriknox
    kerriknox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    If you have a hard time - look for the book called the easy way to quit smoking. Both my husband and sister in law quit cold turkey while reading it.

http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Way-Stop-Smoking-Non-smokers/dp/1402771630/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308002245&sr=8-1
  • gillianjoon
    gillianjoon Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thats fantastic its been almost a year since I quit July 11th marked very BIG on my calendar!! Its going to be really tough but you can do it there will be many people trying to pull you down but you just have to be strong for yourself and your family good luck and if you need encouragment feel free to ask we are here for you!!