been over a week and lost NOTHING, no pounds NOR inches

Options
i know i'm an impatient person, but how long until results show?
according to my diet and so on, i should loose just over half a stone in 5 weeks, thats between 1 and 2 pounds a week and I've seen nothing :(

Replies

• TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    What are you eating? When exercising is your heart rate up and are you sweating? You may just be retaining water, if you have been drinking a lot more too...
  • casey887
    casey887 Posts: 25
    Options
    It took me 3 weeks before I seen ANY results.
  • osmoticferocity
    Options
    Stay the course! It's a bit like inertia. You've been at one weight for quite a while, it will take a little extra effort to put it in motion. As mentioned, give it a few weeks and you should start noticing the difference at the weigh in and otherwise.
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    I work my butt off and eat right, and sometimes I won't see any results for a couple weeks. Our bodies take time to adjust unfortunately, especially when we first change our diets and workout programs. Just keep doing what you're doing and have faith that good things will start to happen! Don't be discouraged, the weight will start coming off soon! :)
  • butterfly1445
    butterfly1445 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are not only eating well but eating enough, especially with exercise. If you don't eat at least some of your exercise calories back it can sabotage you, at least from my experience. Give it a little time, and try varying your workout this next week, change it up and you might give your body the jolt it needs to get losing.

Good luck!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're eating enough. Many people, myself including, go through the odd week or two of undereating, thus stopping our metabolism. It sounds weird, being told to eat MORE to lose weight.

How many calories are you eating per day?

Remember the base equation. Assuming your body is not in starvation mode, you need to have a calorfic deficit of 3500 to lose 1lb. We all need to know how many calories you're eating tbh...
  • NicoleJones81
    NicoleJones81 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I want to know why me and my mother have been both exercising at curves in the mornings, and she is losing weight at age 52 and I am 30 and my scale is showing the same for almost the last month. :( HELP
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Cut carbs down a little more, raise protein, track sodium and drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
  • victoriamaria14
    victoriamaria14 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    thanks guys - i've do zumba at least once a week, going to start going twice though.
    im also following weightwatchers propoint weight plan, so there has been a change in my diet, i guess it is just a case of being patient!
    god damn its a long road!
  • Grumpelina
    Grumpelina Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Where abouts are you in your cycle? I put ON about 5lbs the week before/during my period.
  • NicoleJones81
    NicoleJones81 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wasn't sure who you were talking to me or victoria so thought I would answer anyway. I'm not normal on my cycle, Ill have one, one month and then not the next month. errr it's frustrating. someone said something to me about Polycycstic Ovarie something .. lol it can make you not lose weight and not have normal periods. I may have to have that checked out. i've been doing Curve's 30 minutes every morning, the YMCA at night at least 3-4 times a week, such as nautilus machines backstroking walking the track and racquetball all within about an hour to and hour and a half, and really changing what i've been eating and staying at about 1200 -1300 calories. and i'm not seeing the results, SO WHAT AM I DOING WRONG ????????
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Took a peek at your diary. You need to eat breakfast consistently and try to eat a more substantial breakfast as well. Also I notice there are almost no green veg on your diary, you may one to try and get some green veg in for at least one meal a day.make sure you are getting in your water as well. Most importantly be patient, one week really isn't that long a time. Some people need a few weeks for the body to release the weight.
  • trujillo68
    trujillo68 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can relate. It is so frustrating!!!!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    If you have PCOS, a low carb diet is what usually work best.