Hell Yeah!!! The NSV I have been waiting for!

Options
We all look for it when we start on this journey of becoming healthy. The time someone who does not know what you are doing first mentions to you that you look different/good/thinner/like you been working out. That happened to me today at about 2 this afternoon when my boss said "dam dude you look like you just went to the gym and lifted weights". Everyone here knows what that means and what follows that. Many more people will be saying that to me soon and like a perpetual motion machine the motivation will start piling on.

w00t!!!!!!

Hell yeah!

It's my turn now!

9 days almost to the hour until I got that first "expected" NSV we all look for when we start on this journey. Years from now I know I will be saying "I was at work walking across the KIA showrrom when my boss....That is when I knew I was doing it right".

Does anyone else remember the who what when and where of that first time someone noticed a difference or am I just sentimental on this?

Replies

• NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    You aren't sentimental - you are well deserved! Nice Job!
  • 2004Jessica
    2004Jessica Posts: 113
    Options
    My 6 year old son noticed the other day.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    My boss (who knew Ive been working out) commented that she is really seeing a visable difference in my uniform now. My butt used to burst the seems and now I have no butt in those pants bcause they are too big!!! I love it!

Congrats to you!!!
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    My upstairs neighbour noticed about an hour ago when we met outside. Yay me! :drinker:
  • Kathy11174
    Kathy11174 Posts: 82
    Options
    I was changing one day and my daughter walked by my room and said "mommy your boobs are getting smaller" I chuckled and turned around to go to my dresser and she yells " mommy your butt is getting smaller too!!"

Its nice when someone that you work with notices but its hysterical when its your 9 year old daughter!!!

Great job by the way!!!
  • sthem5
    sthem5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    great for you!! That is ALWAYS encouraging to keep on doing what we are doing if it is working. I've lost (and gained) enough weight in my life that I have experienced those moments of when someone noticed, and it feels great. I've been on this journey again since January and have lost about 26 lbs, so with my size it's not too noticable at the moment, although I am noticing I can wear smaller clothes now. :) I'm not too familiar with the "NSV" term. Don't want to appear dumb, but what does that mean? Keep up the good work!!
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    It really feels amazing when someone mentions the difference.
    A couple of weeks ago my flatmate told me that my face looked really different! Now obviously, she knew that I'd been working out and counting calories but neither of us expected my face to change so much! Haha!
    Being flatmates we see each other come and go a lot, but we rarely sit face to face and get a good old chat, so I guess that's how she was able to see a big difference.
    :)
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    ....I'm not too familiar with the "NSV" term. Don't want to appear dumb, but what does that mean? Keep up the good work!!

non Scale Victory
    ;)
  • DeenaSteelerGirl
    Options
    Congrats. That is the best feeling in the world. Keep up the good work. : )
  • Opusarlo
    Opusarlo Posts: 53
    Options
    Well at least I feel a bit normal now. :glasses:
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    You go boy!!! Thats awesome. I cant say I remember cause it hasnt happened yet lol but I am sure I will remember forever!
  • Eilonwy74
    Eilonwy74 Posts: 22
    Options
    Good job!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Well done you, keep it up and those comments will start flowing from all around!
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is definitely a great feeling!

My girlfriends said something about how good I look a few weeks ago, but I kinda shrugged it off. I think my girls might lie sometimes if it makes you feel better about yourself. But last week, my team at work went out to lunch. One of my managers, who knows I've been working on my weight, asked me how much I'd lost and that she was really able to see a difference. It was definitley a great ego boost!
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Excellent!

I finally got my first one the other day. A friend of mine who hasn't seen me in about 8 months said, "Wow, you look tiny!" I didn't have a lot of weight to lose, but I'm still glad that at least one person noticed. =)
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I teach adult students at a trade school, and one of my super buff students (she is a yoga instructor) noticed how much I've lost and encouraged me to keep going. Its a wonderful feeling, when someone you know could wrestle you to the ground is proud of your accomplishments. Way to go on your NSV! Keep up the momentum.
  • lisafred24
    lisafred24 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I had one this weekend. I ran into some acquaintances I haven't seen in 6-8 months and she said "WHAT are you doing?" At first I didn't know what she meant and just replied something like "not much what have you been up to". She then told me she was talking about what was I doing to lose weight that I look great. It felt good but was funny at the same time because I totally didn't go there in my mind when she asked me what I was doing. She then asked all about what/how I was eating and exercising because she wants to lose some weight. It really made me feel good.
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Yeah!!! WTG!!! Thanks for posting!!! xx
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    WTG. I have been at this for 5 month and someone finally noticed last week.
  • Mtsidad
    Mtsidad Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!