Starting over

Options
I lost 65 lbs in 2013 using Myfitnesspal, and now ive gained 40 back :s Im trying to start over again now but know it will be hard with the holidays and also just trying to get over my bad habits. Does anyone have any great tips for getting through the holidays without falling off the diet wagon?

Replies

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds cliche, but moderation. I've come to the conclusion, I just have to be picky about the things I really want. Like at thanksgiving, we go out for chinese. I made sure to eat salad and have my food made at the hibatchi so I could control what was in it. Then I could enjoy an eggroll and coconut macaroons! It's all about the choices we make. Often times, that means you don't get everything you want, but just the things that you really like or are nostalgic like grandma's cake or something like that. Good luck! Also, don't be too hard on yourself. If you overindulge, LOG IT, and move on to the next meal. One or two overindulgences are not a disaster or a reason to give up!
  • mmenuey27
    mmenuey27 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    One step at a time. Try not to look at the bigger picture. Everyday I start with the focus on that day alone. Sometimes when we look at the bigger picture it seems harder to achieve. If you have a bad day don't hold it against yourself, keep moving forward
  • Bluejedi79
    Bluejedi79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    For me, the last year has been...very trying. Don't look it as a set back or starting over-keep moving forward. Figure out what you need to do-meet with a diet expert to look over your current diet and help make adjustments, give your self the gift of a couple sessions with a personal trainer to help you restart/jumpstart your fitness routine. Focus on getting healthy and making long lasting changes and most of all remember-its okay.
  • LindzENo
    LindzENo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Today wasn't great but it was better than I've been doing!
  • lambchoplewis1
    lambchoplewis1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am same boat as u. Lost 25 lbs and kept it off for a year. Then starting 1.5 yrs ago, stopped logging and weighting myself. Now, the pounds r back on. I gained it when I had one glass of wine that led to a daily 2-3 glasses, then the snacks. That is done. I don't like this bloated feeling. I know for me, I drink hot tea and just say no to things and look for good choices during the holidays. I am an all or nothing type of person so for me, one cookie leads to more so I have to say no.

Keep in touch, good luck. We can do this
  • tylermarie149
    tylermarie149 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You got this!