2015 progress and a reminder that the scale is silly

Options
LaurenAOK
LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
edited December 2015 in Success Stories
So, I just took my last progress pics for 2015 and thought I'd share. I'll keep the post brief (I usually tend to ramble in progress posts). All I want to say is that I've worked harder this year than I ever have. I've been on the fitness train for several years now, but this is the first time I've stayed truly consistant for so long. And it feels great, and I'm not stopping any time soon.

Also, wanted to remind myself (and anyone else who needs it) that at a certain point, the scale isn't the best measure of progress any more. I have gained weight just as often as losing it this year. I would gain and lose the same two pounds over and over, and I kept getting so frustrated about my weight fluctuating even though I was staying on track. All in all, I only lost four pounds this year. That sounds kind of pathetic, but when I look at these photos, I realize that number means nothing. So take photos and measurements, folks!

As usual, I'm so thankful to MFP and this community. Can't wait to kick butt with you all in 2016!

March 1, 2015 - December 11, 2015

Height: 5'4"
March 1: 140 lbs
December 11: 136.4 lbs

5KD1lP1l.jpg

X7EyqOsl.jpg

Replies

• FredKing1
    FredKing1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Looking good! You likely had gains in body fat, measurements, fitness and confidence. Fitness is a lifestyle.
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Your work has definitely paid off. At which point did it become "easier" for you, if at all?

Yep, I'm currently having the inner battle over the scale / gaining muscle bit. It's a tough one. I may just get rid of the darned thing for awhile.
  • astrdomitter
    astrdomitter Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thank you for reminding me of this
  • bigboomer2005
    bigboomer2005 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • wawa2nc
    wawa2nc Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Awesome work
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Totally forgot I posted this, lol. Law school really takes your brain away. I'm back now to say thank you all very much for your kind words!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!