Sweating for the Wedding! Feb 2016

Options
Hey guys...
I'm here as I'm trying to lose weight but my first goal is for my Feb 2016 wedding. I have done the thing I swore I would never do. I bought a dress that is too small. It was a dream dress that came up on a crazy sale. I bought it. The label is my size...but dresses run small. So here I am--as motivated as I'll ever be. I've got about 80 days to lose a few inches.
If all else fails there is a shop in my town that does sell off the rack so I'm not going to kill myself over this.
Anyone else have a goal coming up? Need a buddy to stay accountable? Message and add me!

Replies

• NurseKristi81
    NurseKristi81 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hello there! :) I am too getting Married in March of 2016 :) Congrats to you! I am trying to get back on the bandwagon and lose this last 10 pounds but it seems to be so hard with my busy lifestyle. I will add you as a friend so maybe we can motivate one another and hold each other accountable :) GOOD LUCK!
  • anicolem86
    anicolem86 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello there! :) I am too getting Married in March of 2016 :) Congrats to you! I am trying to get back on the bandwagon and lose this last 10 pounds but it seems to be so hard with my busy lifestyle. I will add you as a friend so maybe we can motivate one another and hold each other accountable :) GOOD LUCK!

Awesome!! Thanks for the add! I need friends to stay motivated!! We got this! I'm envious you're at the last ten lbs, I'm at the first ten lbs.
  • NurseKristi81
    NurseKristi81 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    lol I lost 85 pounds via Weight Watchers and became a lifetime member in 2010......Needless to say I am above that lifetime goal now! lol
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    March 2016 wedding here, in Disney. :smile: I'm also on my last 10lbs for a total of 35lbs, but I'm in no true rush. Just started hitting the gym and weight training, so hoping to see results there. But feel free to add me. 2016 weddings are the best. ;)
  • purebells
    purebells Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    2016 girl here also - end of April. I ordered my dress a size down as was in the process of losing weight. Have 6 pounds to go till I am happy - anything else is a bonus!
  • anicolem86
    Options
    purebells wrote: »
    2016 girl here also - end of April. I ordered my dress a size down as was in the process of losing weight. Have 6 pounds to go till I am happy - anything else is a bonus!

How long did it take you to lose a size? I've got a lot to lose though so I'll have to probably lose a bit before I'm a true size down.
  • swellirok
    swellirok Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    June 2016 for me! I would love to lose about 40lbs. Do you think it's possible?
  • 97point8
    97point8 Posts: 9 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    October 2016 for me, and I'd like to ditch about 20kg if possible!
  • anicolem86
    Options
    swellirok wrote: »
    June 2016 for me! I would love to lose about 40lbs. Do you think it's possible?
    How much have you got to lose??
  • anicolem86
    Options
    jaycupcake wrote: »
    October 2016 for me, and I'd like to ditch about 20kg if possible!

Let's do this! I've been at it for a total of one week so far but am already enjoying the benefits of my hard work!! Gotta stay focused!
  • hmoss619
    hmoss619 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    April 30 here!! I think all of you above definitely have time to hit your goals. I would like to lose about 35 pounds total....but I bought my dress at a perfect fit so I am scared to lose too much before the wedding. Shooting for about 15 pounds...that should be nothing that alterations can't fix. I should have lost the weight sooner but I procrastinate. I am also toning my arms and back with low weight high reps..been doing it a week and already see a difference!
  • Twinklewood
    Twinklewood Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    August 2016 here I'd love to find friends who have similar goals. Feel free to add me
  • Demurecrat
    Demurecrat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    November 2016 wedding and I have 30-35 lbs to lose and definitely need a buddy. I'm 37 and it seems to move slow for me and I can't seem to leave the glass of wine a night alone. I need you ladies for motivation. Please add me and I'll do the same. I won't even start trying dresses until I get 75% to my goal.
  • anicolem86
    Options
    Demurecrat wrote: »
    November 2016 wedding and I have 30-35 lbs to lose and definitely need a buddy. I'm 37 and it seems to move slow for me and I can't seem to leave the glass of wine a night alone. I need you ladies for motivation. Please add me and I'll do the same. I won't even start trying dresses until I get 75% to my goal.

I live for the glass of wine at night. Work has been so hectic.
  • marymoog
    marymoog Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    August 2016! I ordered my dress in the correct size for the body I have- and it will look fine either way, but I really hope to be able to take it in a few sizes by the time it comes in in April. Best of luck to you all! Feel free to add me for support/encouragement, as I could use some as well :)
  • poppybudd
    poppybudd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm August 2016, started my diet end of August this year and am currently 28 pounds down. So it is definitely possible to lose 30-40 pounds in the timescales given! I've got 8 more to lose, but am more concerned about maintenance as I have a tendency to slip into bad habits!
  • EllieMcC270989
    EllieMcC270989 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    APRIL 2016! I am really wanting to lose about 2 stone before April but I'm not too sure how realistic this is? I am prepared to go to the gym 3-4 times a week and eat about 1200 calories a day. Any advice thanks.
  • chinany859
    chinany859 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello and congratulation for your wedding in February. I love your motivation. Because it's beautiful. Women all are Beauty. It is most beautiful to be loved and seek their best attire. I m now fall in love now. But I want to be beauty for my future love. Lol lets do the best together !
  • kkgines333
    kkgines333 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 30 pounds, not for a wedding, been there and done that, but to get me back to my pre-baby body! We all need support on our journeys! Add me !
  • anicolem86
    Options
    Awesome!! I'm loving all the energy here! Add away! My logging and working out has been going great. I'm down about 10 lbs! Gotta keep going though! I'm resting today though as I got hit with a cold yesterday. I hope feel better enough tomorrow to get some cardio in.