Salt Lake City

Options
MLouis1
MLouis1 Posts: 108 Member
Saw the tread about Portland, good idea to ask locals. I'm going to SLC with my sister on Wednesday. She will be working. I know I want to take a tour of Mormon Temple. Any other ideas? We are staying in downtown area. I don't have exact location yet. I will be walking/bus/taxis. Will be there thru Friday.

Replies

• skinnyrache
    skinnyrache Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Temple Square is great, of course. Lots of history and beautiful gardens. There are a number of good restaurants in downtown SLC too, anything from sushi to Indian food to BBQ. If you can, I would try to head up the canyon to Park City. Tons of shops, galleries, and restaurants as well as beautiful scenery. It is about a 30 minute drive east from SLC and is totally worth it. Have fun! I love SLC.
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    If you get bored and don't know what else to do, go shopping at the Gateway mall downtown. It is an outdoor mall with lots of shops and restaurants. There is usually stuff going on at the Gateway and there is also a planetarium down there.
  • rachpiper720
    rachpiper720 Posts: 204
    Options
    Hey! Representing from SLC, here! If you are downtown, then there are lots of little stores to visit. Just pick a street and start walking. Downtown SLC is really walking-friendly. Besides Temple Square, the State Capitol is north just a couple blocks. East of the Capitol is a memorial park called Memory Grove...really pretty and has lots of war memorials (if you like that kind of thing) Ensign peak is a small hike (I think you can get there by bus) and you can look over the whole valley. I will suggest the Bayou, Bayleaf Cafe, or Oasis Cafe to eat, just to name a few. Here is a website link to lots of fun activities that might interest you while you are here http://www.cityweekly.net/utah/events There are always concerts to go to, bars to hit up (Keys on Main, Piper Down, Bayou), long walks, or just pull up a piece of grass and read. Enjoy your trip!