Sober Network (Trying to Lose the "Getting Clean" Weight)

Options
Hey All -

I'll spare everyone the 'War Story', but suffice it to say that drugs and alcohol have had a profoundly negative impact on my life.

Like a lot of people, when I got clean I began to pack on the pounds. Sure, I would rather be a little overweight than still using, but I don't want to swap my substance addiction to one of overeating. Also, the better I feel about myself, the less cravings I have!

So, if you are in Recovery yourself, or love someone who is, and are willing to support and help others stay accountable, please join the thread!

Hope to hear from y'all soon!

Stay Strong.

Chris

Replies

• staringatthesun
    staringatthesun Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! Bumping so that more people see it. I was clean for about four months this summer while in treatment for a variety of mental health issues (which manifested in substance abuse), and I gained a TON of weight. Currently I'm doing moderation and seeing how that goes now that my mental health is in check, while acknowledging that if it doesn't work, it's back to sobriety for me. Back on MFP to lose the weight I've gained!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Hello Chris ! Congrats on getting clean !! You can add me !
  • DebTime2b
    DebTime2b Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We all have war stories of one type or another. I'm getting back on the MFP wagon and would welcome you as a new friend.
  • ColeAXE
    ColeAXE Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LumpySpaceLady
    LumpySpaceLady Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    <3 I feel that to my core. I was an abuser of uppers... So obviously I gained massive amounts of weight. <3 but we can do this!
  • vaavale
    vaavale Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Mine is beers everyday just starting out, glad to see I am not alone.
  • marsh5224
    marsh5224 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Proud of you for being clean! Self care is important. You deserve to be healthy all the way around! I have a love one in recovery and has found cycling as her new addiction. You will find yours. Keep up the good work.