Losing Motivation to Work Out and Log Food

I'm starting to lose motivation to Log Food and Working Out and I'm needing to change that now and get my health under control before somethings happens. I'm just getting over Shingles which was very painful and need to keep my stress down which is starting to affect my health I'm on medicine to help but I feel I need to change my health in order to keep calm. Please feel free to add me as a friend I'm always Loking for new friends.

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Sometimes we all lack motivation. Think about all the reasons you have began in the first place( health , vanity and so on, for me ) keep your mind on your goals and remember that this is a lifestyle change.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    As much as possible, you need to create habits so you don't need motivation. I'm not "motivated" to brush my teeth twice a day, but I do it. Logging food is actually easier than that because I pre-log everything the day before and it takes only a minute or two.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Sometimes the best motivation is to be reminded of why you started this in the first place, and sometimes it's good to take a little break. You need to make sure that whatever you do fits into your lifestyle, otherwise it will never stick.
  • lisafit37
    lisafit37 Posts: 23 Member
    Ya the biggest thing lately is I'm getting over Shingles and seriously need to get my stress under control and all the negative comments in hearing everyday some days I just want to cry and other days I'm really hard on myself and that's where I need to change
  • lambchoplewis1
    lambchoplewis1 Posts: 156 Member
    I stopped logging and weighing my self and now find the pounds coming back on. ENOUGH!! I Started gin today. Faced the scal, logged the weight and food. I used to love to do this. Now I am back
  • lambchoplewis1
    lambchoplewis1 Posts: 156 Member
    Oops, that was started again-no gin!!!
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Just imagine taking the path where in a year you feel overweight, unfit and you're lying back on the sofa saying "Oh, I just didn't feel motivated."
    "Future you" will thank "today you" for avoiding that path!
  • ColeAXE
    ColeAXE Posts: 73 Member
    bump
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    What happens if you stop logging and counting? That's right, nothing good will happen, you will just got backwards. Just stick with it; motivation is a fleeting thing, you need to strengthen your self discipline and habit abilities, and you'll be just fine.
  • lisafit37
    lisafit37 Posts: 23 Member
    Yes I totally agree I'm starting on Monday as I have lots going on tomorrow
  • O2BNWA
    O2BNWA Posts: 18 Member
    None of us want to track food or workout right now,we would prefer to eat a dozen or so Christmas cookies. But that's how we got here. Take out an old pair of your fat pants to help remember.also I recommend aromatherapy it has helped my stress level,which reduced the desire to overeat emotionally. Plenty of cheap aromatherapy diffusers under 10 or20bucks.
  • markyrocks
    markyrocks Posts: 33 Member
    I need to keep my lack of willpower under control. I normally stick to whatever 'new' diet comes along, but only for about 3 or 4 days. I have been meditating for a few weeks now, and has helped me in other aspects of my life, and hoping it will help with my willpower. Feel free to add me for accountability purposes.