Premium upgraded member trying again.

Options
Trying again. This time I'm on the premium. I hope I can better track my nutrition this way. This has been a tough year. Lots of blessings and lots of stress. Who else upgraded and how are u liking it in terms of your progress and it's functionality.

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i really hate to break this to you but premium is going to do absolutely nothing to aid in weight loss.

here is what I would suggest:

1. enter stats into MFP and eat to that number.
    2. get a food scale and weigh all solids
    3. make sure that you are using correct MFP database entries
    4. if you exercise only eat back half of your exercise calories.
    5. set your macros to .65 to .85 grams of protein per pound of body weight; .45 grams of fat; and the rest carbs.
    6. make sure that you are getting adequate nutrition.
    7. realize that you can continue to eat the foods you like, just work them into your calorie target.
    8. find a form of exercise that you enjoy and do it..not necessary but this is good for overall health and body comp goals.

I have used regular old MFP to do this and had no issue losing 40 pounds and keeping it off for over five years now...
  • brudius
    brudius Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't use premium and it is working great for me. I am just following what it says, log everything, and i have lost 11 pounds so far.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't pay for premium. The free one works fine. Either way, it's 100% UP TO YOU - this is only a tool. Just like a hammer can't build a house - neither can this app lose your weight for you.
  • Brimixed
    Brimixed Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    We, as a society, value what we pay for... If she is paying for it, maybe that is more of a motivation for her! I say go for it girl! Let me know how you like premium :)
  • sdr2015
    sdr2015 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with loveandchampagne. sammiz1984 was mainly asking if anyone else that has the premium membership and how they liked it.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    We, as a society, value what we pay for... If she is paying for it, maybe that is more of a motivation for her! I say go for it girl! Let me know how you like premium :)

This. Plus the OP never asked whether or not she should be using it... Good luck! And please report back on how you like it!
  • sammiz1984
    sammiz1984 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi community, ty for your quick feedback. I have a weight scale, but for on the go I'm liking the additional features of the upgrade. But your right, i shold use my scale during my weekly prep . The premium upgrade so far is nice because im focusing on both caloric intake and macros. I like knowing what foods have the most percentages in their specific category. Ty all for the reach out. Keep it healthy :)