I THINK IM FINALLY DONE!!!

2»

Replies

• Go for it, well done, you have to firstly do it for you and you will succeed! i smoked from the age of 13 up until about 5 years ago, and although it was hard its the best thing i have ever done, im sure we will all be here to offer words of wisdom when you just want to bite someones head off (as i did) lol!
    Good luck x
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Ugh, I quit smoking in 2001, and I STILL find myself wanting one sometimes. It's not nearly as tough as it was right after quitting, but once in a while something goes off in my mind and I want one bad! Good luck to you! Stay strong and take it one day at a time.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    I never smoked so I don't know what quitting is like; what I have noticed, however, is that a lot of times when people are trying to quit their friends and co-workers tend to offer them cigs-not to be unhelpful, but just not realizing that they are stopping the person from reaching their goals. Maybe you can let people know you are serious about quitting and they will be understanding with your slight moodiness.

Good luck!
  • Cam_
    Cam_ Posts: 515 Member
    Go here: www.whyquit.com
    It *really* helped me *finally* quit after numerous attempts over 24 years. It's free.
    I'm smoke-free since 4-6-8 (April 6, 2008)
    I did gain a bit of weight (um - about 50 lbs!) but I've fixed that now, thanks to MFP.
    Good luck in your mission and remember, you only have to follow one rule, "never take another puff". :glasses:
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    WELL GOOD FOR YOU! CONGRATULATIONS!