Let's keep each other going!

Options
FitRave
FitRave Posts: 9 Member
edited December 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I've been using this app on and off for a while now and it's always the same deal. I start off strong but inevitably go back to my old unhealthy habits.
My boyfriend isn't concerned with losing weight so I have little to no support there and the most recent 30 pounds gained have left me feeling especially discouraged.
I'm hoping some friends who have similar goals and an understanding of what I'm going through will help keep spirits high and motivation strong.
Because doing this alone isn't working for me.

Replies

• sgprofessional
    sgprofessional Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi. I truly understand where you are coming from. I keep starting and stopping and need that extra encouragement from people. My girlfriend doesn't have any motion to lose weight either. Where are you from? Maybe we could keep each other motivated ?
  • FitRave
    Options
    Thank you so much I would love that, I'll send you a request asap!
  • bevkidd1
    bevkidd1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I live with a family member who is happy the way she is. I, however, am not. I am not doing well with food right now...not such a long story, just not in the mood to go into it right now. That's why I'm on this journey. I have to find foods that will not upset my stomach when I eat. I'm not having much luck. I need all the support I can get.
  • FitRave
    Options
    bevkidd1 wrote: »
    I am in the same boat. I live with a family member who is happy the way she is. I, however, am not. I am not doing well with food right now...not such a long story, just not in the mood to go into it right now. That's why I'm on this journey. I have to find foods that will not upset my stomach when I eat. I'm not having much luck. I need all the support I can get.

I'm happy to support you on this journey as best as I can ☺
  • ouellegw
    ouellegw Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing - good for a week or so then bad for a month or so! This time I'm really determined to lose 10lbs. My husband is no help - he can lose 10 in one week and easily eats a whole large pizza by himself without blinking!! :|
  • alanalucyx
    alanalucyx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    FitRave wrote: »
    I've been using this app on and off for a while now and it's always the same deal. I start off strong but inevitably go back to my old unhealthy habits.
    My boyfriend isn't concerned with losing weight so I have little to no support there and the most recent 30 pounds gained have left me feeling especially discouraged.
    I'm hoping some friends who have similar goals and an understanding of what I'm going through will help keep spirits high and motivation strong.
    FitRave wrote: »

its easier when you have someone to talk to who is in the same boat doing the same as you, send me a friends request x
  • FitRave
    Options
    ouellegw wrote: »
    I do the same thing - good for a week or so then bad for a month or so! This time I'm really determined to lose 10lbs. My husband is no help - he can lose 10 in one week and easily eats a whole large pizza by himself without blinking!! :|

Omg I know exactly what you mean! Mine eats all the time! He's always hungry, and when he wants to lose weight he cuts soda for a week. So frustrating.
    You can do it I'm sure! I believe in you haha
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! My SO is naturally thin. I gained a lot of weight with pregnancy and have developed bad emotional eating habits since having her. I was starting to lose over the summer, but stopped after a stressful vacation and a variety of toddler related set backs.
  • lishiem
    lishiem Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat aswell! I have 8 years of gradual baby weight from each child and i want to get down to a healthy weight to be around for them, i dont have anyone around me for motivation or support especially when it comes to late at night when the kids r in bed and my brain says chocolate.. Just a couple of choc chips wont hurt to kick the craving, before i knew it i was eating a 250g bag in a week
  • demon_etna
    demon_etna Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I remember when i first started to lose weight, it was very hard. I was in your position over a few times. I don't know how much you weigh, but I weighed 298 lbs a little over 2 years ago. I tried losing weight on my own. I didn't change much of my diet. I just quit eating ramen noodles and sweets. But I walked a LOT. I took every opportunity to just walk everywhere For hours.
    I eventually got down to 226 lbs.
    But Winter 2014 came and it was freezing. I didn't exercise along with eating garbage all winter and gained weight. I was 249 lbs. Then in March I decided I needed to get back on track. I exercised. I ate less, but didn't change what I ate. It was slow. I ended getting down to 189 lbs by October 20th.
    Then when my sister in law came up for a visit from Chicago. She introduced me to myfitnesspal. I now have a 55 day streak and weigh 165 lbs now.
    I'm 23 years old and haven't been this weight since I was 16.
    I look at myfitnesspal as having a friend that helps you along the way. I use it everyday.
    But before all of this, I've tried and failed about 10 times. It takes a lot of willpower.
    You can do it.
    Just keep going. Don't stop.
    :D
    And don't worry, my boyfriend has no interest in losing weight either. He never has. Now, his clothes that use to be too small on me are way too big. Just think of that feeling of being able to wear smaller clothes. Just keep in mind that in the long run, you'll be nothing but happy and proud of yourself.
    *phew*
    I wrote a lot... But I'm not usually this open with my weight. I feel comfortable in this community. :3
    I still have 30 lbs to go.
  • qaiserelahi992
    qaiserelahi992 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My story is very strange but more or less same.I moved to Dubai in Jan 2012 and I was superfit used to ran 10 k almost everyday in one go. The change in life style made me starts to gain weight and within few months I gain from 95 to 119kg. I tried started running but got meniscus tear and was on recovery track for 6 months. I tried all my efforts but I was just reduced to 115 kg but wasn't going further down than one of my friend recommend me to start logging in the food intake. Hence I tried to do it manually then she asked me to find any app. So that what get me here. It's been 25 days I am here and I lost 5 kgs so far. Plus I have made few amazing friends who are motivating me everyday. I offer you my support here to reach your goal.
  • marcusjjohnson1
    marcusjjohnson1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    37 years old am tired of feeling tired! I don't look my weight of 250 but I feel it. Like others, not much support in the house and there are always temptations in the house that keep me falling back to my old ways! Encouragement and me being more focused would help! I'm I'm to help each other!
  • KatyP86
    KatyP86 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm in the same boat as well! My husband is happy with his weight and eats whatever he wants, whenever he wants. It makes it so much harder for me to watch my "diet". Would love the support :)
  • FitRave
    Options
    asgentr wrote: »
    I'm with you! My SO is naturally thin. I gained a lot of weight with pregnancy and have developed bad emotional eating habits since having her. I was starting to lose over the summer, but stopped after a stressful vacation and a variety of toddler related set backs.

I totally get the stress/emotional eating thing. I've always envied those who lose their appetite when upset. I've started doing a little yoga in the mornings which really helps even me out. They have all sorts of classes on YouTube. Also, I saw some mom and baby yoga you might enjoy. Don't let anything keep you down!
  • FitRave
    Options
    lishiem wrote: »
    I am in the same boat aswell! I have 8 years of gradual baby weight from each child and i want to get down to a healthy weight to be around for them, i dont have anyone around me for motivation or support especially when it comes to late at night when the kids r in bed and my brain says chocolate.. Just a couple of choc chips wont hurt to kick the craving, before i knew it i was eating a 250g bag in a week

It's so crazy how it adds up right?! I'm a snacks person myself, anything salty and crunchy, I love it. But I lost 10 pounds cutting out snacks in the first month! It was hard at first, I mean I CRAVED it. I was irritable, snappy, it was a total withdrawal, for like a week! But it got easier and now I can snack without habit. It's OK to treat yourself but not set yourself back. Just got to find that balance that works best for you!
  • FitRave
    Options
    demon_etna wrote: »
    I remember when i first started to lose weight, it was very hard. I was in your position over a few times. I don't know how much you weigh, but I weighed 298 lbs a little over 2 years ago. I tried losing weight on my own. I didn't change much of my diet. I just quit eating ramen noodles and sweets. But I walked a LOT. I took every opportunity to just walk everywhere For hours.
    I eventually got down to 226 lbs.
    But Winter 2014 came and it was freezing. I didn't exercise along with eating garbage all winter and gained weight. I was 249 lbs. Then in March I decided I needed to get back on track. I exercised. I ate less, but didn't change what I ate. It was slow. I ended getting down to 189 lbs by October 20th.
    Then when my sister in law came up for a visit from Chicago. She introduced me to myfitnesspal. I now have a 55 day streak and weigh 165 lbs now.
    I'm 23 years old and haven't been this weight since I was 16.
    I look at myfitnesspal as having a friend that helps you along the way. I use it everyday.
    But before all of this, I've tried and failed about 10 times. It takes a lot of willpower.
    You can do it.
    Just keep going. Don't stop.
    :D
    And don't worry, my boyfriend has no interest in losing weight either. He never has. Now, his clothes that use to be too small on me are way too big. Just think of that feeling of being able to wear smaller clothes. Just keep in mind that in the long run, you'll be nothing but happy and proud of yourself.
    *phew*
    I wrote a lot... But I'm not usually this open with my weight. I feel comfortable in this community. :3
    I still have 30 lbs to go.

This is so inspiring to me! So real, and so honest, and relatable. Honestly thank you.
  • FitRave
    Options
    My story is very strange but more or less same.I moved to Dubai in Jan 2012 and I was superfit used to ran 10 k almost everyday in one go. The change in life style made me starts to gain weight and within few months I gain from 95 to 119kg. I tried started running but got meniscus tear and was on recovery track for 6 months. I tried all my efforts but I was just reduced to 115 kg but wasn't going further down than one of my friend recommend me to start logging in the food intake. Hence I tried to do it manually then she asked me to find any app. So that what get me here. It's been 25 days I am here and I lost 5 kgs so far. Plus I have made few amazing friends who are motivating me everyday. I offer you my support here to reach your goal.

Oh man, that's hard when you have the drive but can't physically do it. I've seen some bad fitness injuries before. Luckily I've only had minor stuff, like knee pain from running, but a temporary brace and new proper shoes fixed that. I'm happy to hear you're doing good with this app and reaching your goals. Your success is a motivator and I'm looking forward to being able to say the same. Thank you for your support!
  • FitRave
    Options
    37 years old am tired of feeling tired! I don't look my weight of 250 but I feel it. Like others, not much support in the house and there are always temptations in the house that keep me falling back to my old ways! Encouragement and me being more focused would help! I'm I'm to help each other!

Looking forward to it! Your story sounds oh too familiar. It's hard when there's junk food in the house but you can do it!
  • bevkidd1
    bevkidd1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    you can do it...
    just make up your mind that it is going to happen and you will be on your way. Yes we all slip but the important thing is that you get back up and continue on. This past week has been horrible for me...One more week to go (having a New Years Party) and then everything will be back to "normal".

If there ever is a "normal" when you are losing weight. I gained this past week...not a full pound but I gained none the less. I can't let it get me down or I am done for. I just need to chalk it up to experience and move forward. That is a big step for me because I would be crushed if it was the old me that gained. Something clicked for me that never clicked before and I am on this journey for as long as I need to be to get this weight off my body. I now know that I can do it...and I'm doing it! We can all do it, so let's get to it!