Replies

• OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!
  • douglerner
    douglerner Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    And I'm finished eating for the day, and managed to stay under my goal (net calories after exercise just 1310) for 3 days in a row now. I'm hoping I'm somehow getting back into the zone. I feel diminished urges to eat something bad. Things I've been eating: salads with non-oil dressing, some fruit, some nuked pumpkin slices for a snack, a bit of dried fish, a couple of hard-boiled eggs, some boneless-skinless chicken simmered in water. And I took a nice brisk walk along the river again this afternoon.

Something feels out of kilter though. I feel like I've misplaced 20 years somewhere.
  • douglerner
    Options
    5 days in a row now of being very good with calories and exercise. Even this morning when I'm rushed to go to my Sunday volunteer work. And almost 2 kg of my recent rebound reversed. I have to stay on this!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Good job Doug. Just watch the triggers. They're bad for everyone and a lot of this health process seems to be about how to avoid triggers, or how to stop binging when the trigger is activated. It seems like your walk along the river is really valuable to you. Have a back up activity in case it's raining or you sprain your ankle or something. I'm a lifelong cardio person but have started a weight lifting program because my foot is injured. I didn't even know I'd like it, but bought the DVD anyway cuz so many people on here liked it. It's a mental lifesaver and if you aren't in a good mental space it's hard to keep up with monitoring food and maintaining an exercise program.
  • CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Doug - I totally get it...I also get in these 'binge' type cycles, where I am so "good" for a while and then one or two things "trigger" a terrible string of days...then trying to get back "in control" is so hard....especially at this time of year...
    Building habits is huge...I'm usually good at logging food but have avoided it the last few days...also continuing to exercise even though I'm thinking, why bother? I just ate a whole day's worth of calories in an evening!??!!
  • douglerner
    Options
    Well, I went off again. I'm starting a separate thread on this. Please check it out and thanks people!