How to Connect MisFit Flash to MyFitnessPal

Options
2»

Replies

• Qriss644
    Qriss644 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Okay, odd that MFP would advertise products that don't easily link to their systems. What a huge fail on both of their products. MFP and Misfit Flash...sheesh, too much stuff to purchase, just to track your daily activities. I might just go back to pen and paper.
  • partysmasher2112
    Options
    Hi all...I am new to the Flash. But I love MFP. I have tried the steps listed above numerous times but to no avail. The two apps ARE connected but my "Misfit Steps" on MFP still says 0 after two days.

Any help?

Side question: Does anyone happen to understand the "Calories" section on the Misfit app. I woke up this morning and the calories started at 200 and it has gone up...what is my frame of reference here?
  • hazleyes81
    hazleyes81 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hi all...I am new to the Flash. But I love MFP. I have tried the steps listed above numerous times but to no avail. The two apps ARE connected but my "Misfit Steps" on MFP still says 0 after two days.

Any help?

Side question: Does anyone happen to understand the "Calories" section on the Misfit app. I woke up this morning and the calories started at 200 and it has gone up...what is my frame of reference here?

You have to select the option in mfp for it to show steps.
  • crilindey
    crilindey Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Any help?

I had this problem exactly. What I did:
    Delete phone steps from your diary (if there)
    go to more- steps - don't track steps
    leave steps and select sync at the bottom of "more"
    go back to steps - misfit
    sync again

Then I had everything! Good luck!
  • crilindey
    crilindey Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Also, I believe that it tries to give you calories throughout the day... you get x when you wake up for breakfast and as you are awake longer you gain more calories, saying it takes more energy to keep yourself awake. Your steps add too. After sleeping it resets so you can budget your calories for the next day.

• criticallearner
    criticallearner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ugh... MFP is writing to Misfit, but my exercise calories are not writing to My Fitness Pal. You'd think MFP would want to integrate more data and be the hub for information. Why'd this stop working recently? It was great until 2 days ago, and despite every re-install, relink trick, MFP won't read data IN from Misfit, only share out.
  • betsyr13
    betsyr13 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My misfit app is getting my meal data from mfp, but mfp isn't getting my exercise data from misfit. It just stopped working 2 days ago. Very frustrating!
  • pepper01245
    pepper01245 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ugh... MFP is writing to Misfit, but my exercise calories are not writing to My Fitness Pal. You'd think MFP would want to integrate more data and be the hub for information. Why'd this stop working recently? It was great until 2 days ago, and despite every re-install, relink trick, MFP won't read data IN from Misfit, only share out.

Same has happened to me, did you manage to get it sorted?
  • rsngmn
    rsngmn Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    İ use a Flash, it only syncs with mfp when i go to 'more-sync'. Doesn't it supposed to sync automatically?
  • SkyChickJE
    SkyChickJE Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I followed the above steps & “# MisFit Steps” is showing on the screen, but the steps did not come over when I synced it.
  • tree165
    tree165 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bless you for posting this - you've saved my sanity.
  • eatyogarun
    eatyogarun Posts: 59 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    There is no "me" anywhere on the app. This is frustrating.

ETA: I know this is an old thread but there might be someone out like me trying to figure this out who will stumble across it as I did. The word "me" is NOT on the app. Go to your profile, under your name are three icons - friends, goals, apps. And THAT is where you click apps and find MFP. Now I'd like the last hour of my life back please. :p
  • lahcjh
    lahcjh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have just purchased a MisFit Flash (low-budget, submersible) and I was having a hard time figuring out how to connect it to MyFitnessPal in order to sync the activity logs. After browsing through several fora I was finally able to put it together, but I thought it would be a good idea to share it with the community, since I found the MFP site to be quite lacking on instructions in this regard.

Here they are:

1. Download the MisFit App to your phone

2. Sync your Flash to the MisFit app by following the app’s instructions

3. Log out of both MisFit and MFP apps

4. Reboot your phone *** This is a highly important step; don't skip it! ;) ***

5. Log back into both MisFit and MFP apps

6. From MisFit app, go to “Me” (Bottom Right) > Settings (Top Right) > “Apps," then select MyFitnessPal > “Connect"

7. The MisFit app will take you to MyFitnessPal’s authorization screen

8. Select “Allow”

9. The MisFit app will bring you back to MisFit

10. Go back to the MFP app and select “More” (Bottom Right) > “Steps," then select “MisFit"

11. Go back to previous screen (“More”) and scroll to the bottom to make sure MFP is syncing

12. Go back to the “Home” screen in MFP app and verify your information from MisFit has been imported to MFP (there should be a small line that reads “# MisFit Steps” under the “Calories Remaining” section at the top of the Home screen in the MFP app). Alternatively, you may also check that the MisFit option is still selected under “More” > “Steps"

Thanks for stopping by! I hope this helps. :)

Happy journey to a healthy self.

Wow it worked!!!!!!!!! Thank u thank you!!!!!
  • DeeOntheMove
    DeeOntheMove Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    SO helpful! I got this Flash on sale for $10 for the express purpose of connecting it to MFP. I couldn't figure out how to make it work, and then I found this. Thank you for taking time to share these steps with us!
  • CaSandra011197
    CaSandra011197 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I disconnected my fitness pal and now when I go to connect it back, I hit the connect button to connect misfit and it takes me to the web page for misfit. Am I missing something? Should I be looking for a connect link on the misfit web page?
  • hkaplan131
    hkaplan131 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have tried this twice removing and reinstalling and the reboot each time. Same results. The MyFitnessPal app show being connected and the Misfit app connected to MyFitnessPal with the authorization screen, but the steps do not show up nor to I see the small line about "Misfit Steps" It should not be this complicated! First time I installed MyFitnessPal and connected to Misfit it just worked. I am giving up on this. Way too much trouble. Will have to work through my weight loss plan without the bump in calories allowed from steps.
  • lilmagala21
    lilmagala21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to sync my MisFit steps since July 11 -- my Misfit app is working great but multiple users are having the same sync issue. No response from Tech support on the issue since July 12 -- very frustrating
  • lilmagala21
    lilmagala21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    To connect MisFit to MyFitnessPal -- is has to be done in MisFit app not MyFitnessPal. Once you connect on MisFit you should be able open the MyFitnessPal app and see the device connected
  • loiskellermann
    loiskellermann Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the apps connected, the line about misfit steps is listed under "remaining calories", my calories are being exported to Misfit from MFP...however the misfit steps line still says 0