Help! I've been running for 5 weeks and eating really healthy! I have lost no weight?

Options
I'm mostly thin and muscular except for my flabby as heck stomach. I am a size 5 in pants. I have skinny arms but I hate my tummy. I wish I would just lose weight!

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    MFP%20Flowchart%20lemonlionheart_zps3s3xqead.jpg
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I think people will want more info... Are you sure you're eating at a deficit? Logging everything? Weighing your servings? If you are close to an ideal weight you will lose slowly. I'm sure you can improve your midsection, but it will take longer than a month. There are good threads here devoted to abs if you do a search. You can't 'spot' tone or target your weight loss, but it sounds like for you this is your last stubborn area... so, congratulations! you're almost there! Keep at it and give it time.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Is it fat flab, or loose skin?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    What's your height, weight, age?

What's your goal weight ?

Progressive resistance training and good posture
  • eviegreen
    eviegreen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You're a size 5 and thin except for your tummy -- is that your only problem area? Instead of focusing solely on weight loss, you might try body recomp. You can't spot reduce fat, but adding heavy lifting to your regiment will help with tightening up those areas with extra fatty tissue. Try swapping out some of those running days with lifting days.
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by eating healthy?
  • Natasha4090
    Natasha4090 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    e3erkpt4k2df.jpg
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Eating more fruits and vegetables, less crap.
  • Natasha4090
    Options
    I'm about 5'7. I can eat up to 2,500 calories and not gain weight. I'm eating the lowest amount I can. By eating healthy, I mean eating lots of proteins, some fats, vegetables, fruits, whoke grains etc. I'm 170 lbs and I want to get to about 150. Thanks for answering!
  • Natasha4090
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Is it fat flab, or loose skin?

It's flab lol. :)
  • Natasha4090
    Options
    eviegreen wrote: »
    You're a size 5 and thin except for your tummy -- is that your only problem area? Instead of focusing solely on weight loss, you might try body recomp. You can't spot reduce fat, but adding heavy lifting to your regiment will help with tightening up those areas with extra fatty tissue. Try swapping out some of those running days with lifting days.
    Thanks! I will definitely do that.
  • Natasha4090
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    I think people will want more info... Are you sure you're eating at a deficit? Logging everything? Weighing your servings? If you are close to an ideal weight you will lose slowly. I'm sure you can improve your midsection, but it will take longer than a month. There are good threads here devoted to abs if you do a search. You can't 'spot' tone or target your weight loss, but it sounds like for you this is your last stubborn area... so, congratulations! you're almost there! Keep at it and give it time.

Thank you! Yeah, I've been logging everything but not weighing my servings.
  • Natasha4090
    Options
    I'm about 5'7. I can eat up to 2,500 calories and not gain weight. I'm eating the lowest amount I can. By eating healthy, I mean eating lots of proteins, some fats, vegetables, fruits, whoke grains etc. I'm 170 lbs and I want to get to about 150. Thanks for answering!

*whole, lol
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    You can spend 5 hours a day, 7 days a week busting your butt in the gym, but if your calorie counting isn't on point, as in weighing and logging everything you eat and drink honestly and accurately you could see no progress.

Weighing your food isn't a prerequisite when trying to lose weight, but if you're not losing or stalling this would be the first thing I'd tighten up.

Remember, weight loss starts in the kitchen :smile:
  • Natasha4090
    Options
    You can spend 5 hours a day, 7 days a week busting your butt in the gym, but if your calorie counting isn't on point, as in weighing and logging everything you eat and drink honestly and accurately you could see no progress.

Weighing your food isn't a prerequisite when trying to lose weight, but if you're not losing or stalling this would be the first thing I'd tighten up.

Remember, weight loss starts in the kitchen :smile:

I'm actually eating 1,500.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    You probably aren't eating 1500. If you are not measuring you are likely eating more than you think. Also you are probably underestimating the amount of calories you are burning through the exercise
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »

Thank you! Yeah, I've been logging everything but not weighing my servings.

If you're not weighing your servings, how do you know how much you're eating?

Hint: you don't. You're likely eating more than you think you are.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    eviegreen wrote: »

Another vote for this.

(Also weigh your food.)