Fitbit!

Options
Hi, does anyone have one, and are they any good? Thankyou!

Replies

• RickTheRunner
    RickTheRunner Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Ah, no-one ! Ok
  • LipglossandLunges
    LipglossandLunges Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit flex...the first year it was amazing! It motivated me and I kept it on 24/7 sleeping, showering, swimming etc. NOW however everytime I wear it on my right wrist I get a nasty rash....like my wrist literally puffs up!! I looked into it online and I'm not the only one it happened to! I thought at first it may be that my bands are a year old, so I bought a new pack...SAME damn rash :( I don't get it on my left wrist though which is strange and I can't figure it out as my right wrist was the side I wore it on for a year :s
  • RickTheRunner
    Options
    ^^^thanks, would you still recommend one ?
  • bcjan562
    bcjan562 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit flex and would definitely recommend you getting one. There is a Fitbit group on myfitnesspal that may be some help to you. I really like that it records my activity for me. And it definitely motivates me. Fortunately haven't had a rash on my wrist. Put it on your Christmas list
  • RickTheRunner
    Options
    Thanks, I will have a look at the group!
  • Ljay30
    Ljay30 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    its awesome, have the charge hr and adore it!
    /www.fitbit.com/user/24P6QD
  • ouellegw
    ouellegw Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit charge. I like it a lot and became mildly obsessed with reaching my daily goal! It just helps to see how active (or inactive) I've been.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I got myself the Charge HR! It's the greatest thing EVER. It automatically records my activity and logs it in for me. Also, it is powerfully motivating to get up and move when I realize that I haven't reached 10k steps. I'm in the middle of finals, so it is very easy to stay stationary most of the day. I make sure to take a walk around dinner time to make up for it.
    The recorded data also seems to be accurate. It's amazing that the Charge can tell how alert I am through the night, and it seems to pick up on my heartbeat quite well. I've yet to see if the estimated calorie burns and estimated weekly deficit is accurate, but I plan to test it out soon.
    In any case, it'll be very useful for me when I enter maintenance.
  • tenshi_125
    tenshi_125 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit. I have a change HR now, but had the Flex before, and Fitbit One was my first one. It takes the guesswork out of calculating calories burned with activity (just wish they figure-out a way to calculate weight training/lifting). It's great that it can sync with mfp and deplete the calories for you. You can race in challenges with other Fitbit ppl, which motivates you to stay active.
  • Lasvegastaxi
    Lasvegastaxi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit hr
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I have a One and I like it.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    It's still an estimate. Just go through trial and error for a month to find your maintenance calories. You don't need a fitbit for that.
  • RickTheRunner
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback ( the constructive ones) , ordering mine today!
  • bcjan562
    bcjan562 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good to hear :)
    Good luck to you!