Marcos counting

I'm getting started to get healthy and lose weight again. I had to have hysterectomy a few months ago also was very anemic so no energy but I'm back on my feet and ready to lose. I've heard about Marco counting but can someone give me pointers about it?

Replies

• threadmad
    threadmad Posts: 190 Member
    Glad you're back on your feet.
    Macros are carbs, fats, and protein. When you set your stats and goals in MFP, the % of each is set. When I started, mine were 40% carbs, 30% fats, 30% protein. Protein and fat are minimums to try to hit every day, while carbs a maximum.

Good luck with your weight loss!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    I wouldn't even worry about the macros until you have started to lose. Just get used to logging and counting properly first and get used to the reduced amount of food you'll be eating.

Keep it simple for now :)
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    I wouldn't even worry about the macros until you have started to lose. Just get used to logging and counting properly first and get used to the reduced amount of food you'll be eating.

This. You are in the early stages of the game. Once you start losing then you can start counting your macros. Then I would go with the ratios suggested by threadmad.
  • ceirrarayne
    ceirrarayne Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks y'all! I guess I usually fail because I try to do to much at once. I am going to slowly get used to doing it the right way.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited December 2015

Co-sign

Get used to logging accurately using a scale

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1
  • catharinamkotze
    catharinamkotze Posts: 57 Member
    I follow the Tim Noakes banting principle.
    Carbs 10%
    Protein 20%
    Fats 70%
    The higher your healthy fat intake,the less calories you consume.
    Carbs is a nutrient you don't need, but you do need fats and proteins.