Still working on my goal

Options
In October of 2010, I weighed 500 LBS. Today I weigh 277 LBS. I am not where I want to be, but I have came a long way in 5 years.
This is in 2010 500 lbs in the hospital.
zapom1wh17v4.jpg
This is in October 2011 462 lbs, just had my daughter.
pwtpttuubq05.jpg
This is me in March 2012 422 lbs.
uc3kw7g4a8hb.jpg
This is me September 2013 358 Lbs.
3vcyaczqo8qe.jpg
This is me September 2014 335 Lbs.
sio58qol747b.jpg
This is me when I started at the gym that I go to now this year. 304 Lbs.d93hwpmafnz9.jpg
This is me at 290 lbs.
vtraopgkme2f.jpg
This is me now. 277 Lbs.
I still have 177 lbs to lose.
qke34cxbch0e.jpg
qdebhl2bp0ws.jpg

Replies

• amazondakini
    amazondakini Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    WOMAN!! WOW!!! I am so impressed! and inspired!! You just keep at it, and that's how we get to goal isn't it?!? We just keep going. Well done!! You got this, slow and steady wins the race, Awesome (and congrats on the cutie wee girl!)
  • trossk2
    trossk2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    That's amazing. You're doing a great job. I bet you feel like a brand new person.
  • mebedwell1
    mebedwell1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    trossk2 wrote: »
    That's amazing. You're doing a great job. I bet you feel like a brand new person.
    I do, but I still have more to go before I can be who I have always wanted to be. I am not letting anything stop me this time.

• mebedwell1
    Options
    WOMAN!! WOW!!! I am so impressed! and inspired!! You just keep at it, and that's how we get to goal isn't it?!? We just keep going. Well done!! You got this, slow and steady wins the race, Awesome (and congrats on the cutie wee girl!)

Thank you. She is my third little girl. My last. I have had too many complications due to my weight. I can no longer have children. I might adopt someday though! :smiley:
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! You are doing great!
  • pippypuppy
    pippypuppy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic progress. And it's true, you are amazing!
  • mebedwell1
    Options
    swim777 wrote: »

I hardly feel amazing. I feel like I have wasted half of my life living inside a suit of mushy armor. Shielding myself from my past and preventing the future. Now that I am getting rid of the weight, I find myself scared of what goes on around me. I am having to learn to trust people in a world that is not safe. Thank you though.
  • mebedwell1
    Options
    pippypuppy wrote: »
    Absolutely fantastic progress. And it's true, you are amazing!

Thanks for the support!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    mebedwell1 wrote: »
    swim777 wrote: »

I hardly feel amazing. I feel like I have wasted half of my life living inside a suit of mushy armor. Shielding myself from my past and preventing the future. Now that I am getting rid of the weight, I find myself scared of what goes on around me. I am having to learn to trust people in a world that is not safe. Thank you though.

It takes some emotional and mental patience to deal with changes as important as you have accomplished.
    Be as gentle with yourself as you are with your children.
    Congratulations for the weight loss. :mrgreen:
  • Kitty_Nikki
    Kitty_Nikki Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have 2 hopes for you:
    1. I hope that you can see how amazing it is that you've come this far, and be kind to yourself as you continue your journey.
    2. I hope that you have people in your life telling you how proud they are of you, because you deserve it.
    Weight loss is hard, but you're doing great!
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    What an amazing and inspirational journey. Thank you for sharing this wonderful story and the open and honest pics during journey.
  • ddavenport63
    ddavenport63 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    omg what an inspiration you are, you are an amazing ladie and looking fabulous, keep going and you will be at ur goal before you know it . well done !
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    You inspire me!! Great job!
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    What a transformation you've had so far. What kinds of things really helped you and have helped you to keep going through this slow (but very rewarding) process? Great job!!
  • 2shoes123
    2shoes123 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    So inspiring!
  • mebedwell1
    Options
    akern1987 wrote: »
    What a transformation you've had so far. What kinds of things really helped you and have helped you to keep going through this slow (but very rewarding) process? Great job!!

I have stopped eating when I was depressed. I don't eat candy, pasta, pork, or drink pasta. I work out for 2 hours 4 days a week. I stay moving when I am not at the gym. I try to get at least 5 hours of sleep a night. Thank you.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    You've done amazingly!!!

But still wanting to lose 177?!? I think you might actually be closer than you think. How tall are you?
  • Linseymout
    Linseymout Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Well done! You can be incredibly proud of how far you have gotten!!
  • mebedwell1
    Options
    You've done amazingly!!!

But still wanting to lose 177?!? I think you might actually be closer than you think. How tall are you?

5'0"
  • ToriJ84
    ToriJ84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Way to go! :) It will take awhile to get used to the new you. Embrace you. Be proud of you. The rest of the world will follow.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!