abs

Options
2»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    BonyCastro wrote: »
    I wonder when my are going to show completely ? My body fat is 16% and I train them twice per week! As you can see per my profile pix they re still not showing completely

How are your measuring your body fat?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I wonder when my are going to show completely ? My body fat is 16% and I train them twice per week! As you can see per my profile pix they re still not showing completely

Your body fat looks higher than 16%. You also may not have enough volume in your ab muscles for them to show. You said you want to compete in bikini, so adding ab volume is not a good option for you.
  • BonyCastro
    BonyCastro Posts: 110 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    6rrzcixe1918.jpeg
    usmcmp wrote: »

Your body fat looks higher than 16%. You also may not have enough volume in your ab muscles for them to show. You said you want to compete in bikini, so adding ab volume is not a good option for you.

I just measured my body fat today 16.5 %. I don't understand why they're not showing. They do show a lot more than the picture every now and then. Posting a pic where they re showing more from the side
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    6rrzcixe1918.jpeg

I just measured my body fat today 16.5 %. I don't understand why they're not showing. They do show a lot more than the picture every now and then

How'd you measure it?
  • usmcmp
    Options
    6rrzcixe1918.jpeg

I just measured my body fat today 16.5 %. I don't understand why they're not showing. They do show a lot more than the picture every now and then. Posting a pic where they re showing more from the side

Are you using bioelectrical impedance? Either hand held or a stand on scale? Those are notoriously inaccurate.
  • BonyCastro
    Options
    6rrzcixe1918.jpeg

Are you using bioelectrical impedance? Either hand held or a stand on scale? Those are notoriously inaccurate.

The hand held one
  • usmcmp
    Options
    6rrzcixe1918.jpeg

The hand held one

Highly inaccurate in either direction. It's okay to use it to help track body fat trends, but it's not going to give you an accurate number for your body fat.

http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/index.php/free-content/free-content/volume-1-issue-4-the-pitfalls-of-body-fat-measurement-parts-3-and-4-bod-pod-and-bioelectrical-impedance-bia/the-pitfalls-of-bodyfat-measurement-part-4-bioelectrical-impedance-bia/
  • BonyCastro
    Options
    So which one is the best method then ?
  • usmcmp
    Options
    So which one is the best method then ?

Absolute best is dunk or body pod. Calipers, used by someone with experience, along with tape measure can do a decent job and track the fat, water and lean mass trends better.
  • pebbleslaura1
    pebbleslaura1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all great advice ☺ i know you cant gain weight without some fat but dont wanna get a big belly! Been advised to follow 1500 cal 200g carb 45g fat an 70g protein

You're seeing a doctor now?

Yep i see someone who helps with mind an also doctor for weekly bloody to make sure i don't get re feeding syndrom
  • pebbleslaura1
    pebbleslaura1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    1500 doesn't seem like enough to gain weight unless you are very short (under 5') and very underweight. It's a good starting point, but you'll probably want to increase that slowly. Are you following a progressive lifting routine?

Im 5ft and am very under weight so upping slowly so dont get re feeding syndrom
  • usmcmp
    Options
    1500 doesn't seem like enough to gain weight unless you are very short (under 5') and very underweight. It's a good starting point, but you'll probably want to increase that slowly. Are you following a progressive lifting routine?

Im 5ft and am very under weight so upping slowly so dont get re feeding syndrom

Sounds like you are on a great path and I'm glad you have a doctor who is helping make sure you are gaining in a healthy way.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    With muscle maturity (working out for a long time) you can still have a fair bit of body fat and have six pack abs showing through. This will obviously look more defined as the fat is cut. When I'm bulking I can have a bit of a belly on me but if tensed the abs can still be clearly seen underneath.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all great advice ☺ i know you cant gain weight without some fat but dont wanna get a big belly! Been advised to follow 1500 cal 200g carb 45g fat an 70g protein

You're seeing a doctor now?

Yep i see someone who helps with mind an also doctor for weekly bloody to make sure i don't get re feeding syndrom

Excellent news, well done x