Strict schedule. How to lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• Ponkeen
    Ponkeen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Robotgirl3 wrote: »
    Okay :) so for the next three weeks i do not have college classes so ill be working out and eating healthy but as soon as college starts its going to get a lot more difficult. I'm going to have class from 9-4 and then work from 5-11. After work ill be studying for classes. I usually get 1 or 2 days off from work a week. It also gets hard to eat healthy since ill be in class all day. Any tips? Lunch suggestions besides sandwiches? If i stick to eating healthy will i still lose weight? Can i lose enough weight working out twice a week? I want to lose at least 45 pounds before july. Also i am worried about loose skin. :(

Meal planning for the week is a lifesaver. I usually do all my planning and food prep on Sunday afternoon for the week, but wherever you can fit it into your routine can work. Also-make it part of your routine! Just like school and work, but instead of nurturing your brain and bank account, this is time spent nurturing your health and the body you have to live in for the rest of your life. It deserves the time.
    As for loose skin, strength training helps.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Okay :) so for the next three weeks i do not have college classes so ill be working out and eating healthy but as soon as college starts its going to get a lot more difficult. I'm going to have class from 9-4 and then work from 5-11. After work ill be studying for classes. I usually get 1 or 2 days off from work a week. It also gets hard to eat healthy since ill be in class all day. Any tips? Lunch suggestions besides sandwiches? If i stick to eating healthy will i still lose weight? Can i lose enough weight working out twice a week? I want to lose at least 45 pounds before july. Also i am worried about loose skin. :(

You will only lose weight if you eat at a calorie deficit. Eating healthy, whatever that means to you, is just a way of eating.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    DrEnalg wrote: »
    So i just need to eat below my calorie goal? :o

Factoring in exercise, yes.

Exercise is not necessary to weight loss. Eat below your TDEE and you will lose weight.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    So i just need to eat below my calorie goal? :o

Yes!!!!

Use walking to each class (briskly if possible), walking up stairs, walking, walking, and more walking during your daily routine on the days that you cannot "work out".

However, as you mention - eating fewer calories than you burn per day is the key to losing weight.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    You are asking the right questions, OP. Even if there is some loose skin - give yourself time to see if it is still there a year or two from now. Develop your priorities to be active and it will be easier - go to school in an active manner, etc...
  • Triplestep
    Triplestep Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    :) ill try the packing of clothes and meal prep when school starts and idk if i can wake up that early after staying up late from studying but ill try thank you for the advice :smiley:

Don't stay up late. Seriously, after a while you get diminishing returns. If your body and mind are tired, then you're better off turning in a little earlier, waking up a little earlier, and getting some exercise. If you can't spare 60 minutes, try 15. Get up 15 minutes earlier and get some exercise at home. There are free yoga videos on youtube. Or buy a weighted hula hoop for some cardio. (I'm trying to think of things you can do in an apartment where possibly there are downstairs neighbors.)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    There will be some low-ish calorie choices at the schools's food court.
  • brownels
    brownels Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It's probably none of my business, but how do you study for class with that schedule?
  • Robotgirl3
    Robotgirl3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oh so much advice <3 thanks!
    brownels wrote: »
    It's probably none of my business, but how do you study for class with that schedule?

i usually have 2 regular classes like algebra and history which i study on my few days off and the rest of my classes are art classes which are usually 3 hours long or so, i usually do not have to study for art classes but when i do i smoosh it in with the other classes i study.So pretty much my days off=more school work.
  • RodaRose
    Options
    It is

i usually have 2 regular classes like algebra and history which i study on my few days off and the rest of my classes are art classes which are usually 3 hours long or so, i usually do not have to study for art classes but when i do i smoosh it in with the other classes i study.So pretty much my days off=more school work.

Thanks for clearing up the art classes. I was guessing that maybe you are a science major stuck in labs. :)

• Robotgirl3
    Options

RodaRose wrote: »
    It is

Thanks for clearing up the art classes. I was guessing that maybe you are a science major stuck in labs. :)

Nope lol no science for me xD my bf is in culinary classes which are 5 hours!! :# college classes sheesh lol
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Also 45 pounds in less than six months is an aggressive goal. Depending on your starting weight and height and total needed to lose that may be too much to do safely. You may be setting yourself up for failure by being unrealistic.
  • Robotgirl3
    Options
    Also 45 pounds in less than six months is an aggressive goal. Depending on your starting weight and height and total needed to lose that may be too much to do safely. You may be setting yourself up for failure by being unrealistic.

So if losing 2 or 3 pounds a week is too much how much is a healthy amount to lose? :o
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    DrEnalg wrote: »
    Oh, and yeah - at 45 pounds of loss (and presuming you're of average height for a female), you'll have some loose skin.

Not necessarily - I've lost more than that on 2 occasions (each time approximately 1/3 of my body weight) and do not have loose skin. It depends a lot on skin health and elasticity. Especially with rapid loss, though, the skin may take a bit of time to tighten up - so give it time.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options

So if losing 2 or 3 pounds a week is too much how much is a healthy amount to lose? :o

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

This is all assuming your goal is in the Healthy BMI range.
  • Robotgirl3
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

I actually want to lose 100 but i figured that is way to much for 6 months so i decided to make 45 my goal for july so it would be slower than the first time i went on a diet, the first time i did i was losing five pounds a week but thats because i was eating really tiny meals and walking 4 hours a day (i had no school or work then and lived with grandmother.)I want to take it nice and slow which i figured 2 pounds would be lol :)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options

I actually want to lose 100 but i figured that is way to much for 6 months so i decided to make 45 my goal for july so it would be slower than the first time i went on a diet, the first time i did i was losing five pounds a week but thats because i was eating really tiny meals and walking 4 hours a day (i had no school or work then and lived with grandmother.)I want to take it nice and slow which i figured 2 pounds would be lol :)

It depends on your height and weight.

Stats?

Why does it have to be July?
  • Robotgirl3
    Options

Stats?

I am 270 and 5'5 :blush: i am trying to stop myself from getting to 300. I want to do it before July because i'm going to a convention and want to dress up as a thin character. After July ill probably slow down the weight loss till i lose my 100 pound goal.
  • RodaRose
    edited December 2015
    Options

Stats?

I am 270 and 5'5 :blush: i am trying to stop myself from getting to 300. I want to do it before July because i'm going to a convention and want to dress up as a thin character. After July ill probably slow down the weight loss till i lose my 100 pound goal.

The first month you might lose three pounds a week because of the changes you are making.
    After that you want to loose two pounds a week. :)

This is not a race. It is your life. At the event in the summer, no matter your exact weight, you will weigh less than you are now, and be feeling great about yourself.
  • Robotgirl3
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »

Stats?

The first month you might lose three pounds a week because of the changes you are making.
    After that you want to loose two pounds a week. :)

This is not a race. It is your life. At the event in the summer, no matter your exact weight, you will weigh less than you are now, and be feeling great about yourself.

The three pounds in the beginning month sounds like a good idea <3