Hello I just joined ...

Options
Hi my name is Ann and I'm 53 and right now my insurance pays for weight watchers so I am going to that and need to lose 6 more 1bs in a month. In 8 weeks I ve lost 7.4 but it is a challenge for me because I have fibromyalgia, bad arthritis in my hips, knees , and feet, and my 1 foot is being xrayed on the 18th and is wrapped in a kind of spandex wrap which makes me almost not able to walk, I have severe depression and sleep rarely except for the last 2 days I 've slept almost round the clock. I feel like I'm failing because I can't exercise except to walk my dogs and walk to the corner store with my walker

Replies

• zebedee74
    zebedee74 Posts: 4 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hey Ann! Well done for how you've done so far. Don't be disheartened in any way. It takes time and patience to get to our goals.
    I'm no expert in nutrition but you will find that simple changes will yield great results and exercise is not the be all and end all of loosing weight and you've done the hardest part of making a start!!
  • JulieB864
    JulieB864 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So true zebedee74. And I just had rotator cuff surgery and haven't been released from care yet so I am now limited
  • ritcherson54
    ritcherson54 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't have as many issues as you but I do have plantar faciitis in my left foot I tore the fascia muscle in my foot so I too am limited have to wear a dorsal splint @ night and if I overdue it during the day it hurts also my insurance doesn't go into effect till Jan. But I do have a elliptical machine which helps a lot.... It still hurts sometimes though I take a lot of anti inflams. I know how it feels to be depressed but hey look @ it like this you have already lost 7.4 lbs. So don't get down on yourself ......
  • GetSw0le
    GetSw0le Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey Ann, not many people know this but simply walking is actually a great way to be more active and burn some energy! It can actually improve joint health, upon many other things. Try to focus on the things you CAN do and not on those you can't! Best of luck