New sensations with WL

Options
Now that I'm eating smaller portions, I really miss that warm fuzzy feeling I used to get after a large meal.

Another new sensation is having too much energy, makes it hard to sleep.

What have you guys noticed feels different with WL, and how did you adapt?

Replies

• sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I can identify with the first one you list. That is strong for me, too. It seems that when that sensation kicks in, I am in real danger of binging, so I try to distract myself until I forget that I wanted to eat more. Doesn't always work. I haven't noticed it affecting my sleep. For me, I've noticed the effects that increased exercise (lots more physical activity) has brought: feel more fit, more endurance, can climb steps without being out of breath, more flexible, better posture and balance, etc. Once I had lost enough weight to feel I could sustain a gym membership, I joined the YMCA and started slow with some group classes. I'm practically a gym rat now, if a 71 year-old woman can be said to be a gym rat...
  • sassbean
    sassbean Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You're my hero!! 71 year old gym rat - I love it!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Do you exercise late in the day? Some people sleep better if they exercise earlier. The same with showering near bed time -- raising the body's temp can interfere with sleep. Also google "sleep hygiene."
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Look into volumetrics. I always ate large meals while losing weight. I can't stand sitting down to a tiny piece of meat on a plate with half a potato and a glass of water.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    The annoying sensation of my butt not having as much padding as it used to. It's like every chair in existence became a little bit less comfy.
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    The annoying sensation of my butt not having as much padding as it used to. It's like every chair in existence became a little bit less comfy.
    This
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Shaving my arm pits. The pit is so deep now, it's hard to do.
    That first time I had the sensation of my knee bones rubbing against each other when I lie on my side at night was so odd...I've gotten used to it now.

• serasmommy
    serasmommy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Collarbones. Who even knew they were there? !?!?!
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    This

I second this. I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE going to the movies. Now I can barely sit through an entire movie, my butt gets so sore.
  • threadmad
    threadmad Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Me too with the seats. I have an hour commute to work, and my car seat has gotten very uncomfortable. I squirm a lot. Can I count that as exercise? How many calories?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Yup. My tail bone is apparently somewhat prominent, and sitting gets damn ouchy!
  • alexandrarosamedia
    Options
    For me it's the cold! I've never been this cold ever! I loved winter because it was the only time of year I did not sweat! Not like that after wls
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I can't sleep with my ankles crossed over anymore. I didn't even realise I used to do it until one day when I was in bed and just had two masses of bone digging into each other. Had to change a few other sleep position things too!