Brand new (again!)

Options
Hello :smile: I've decided to join again, I stopped using it for a while because I didn't see changes (because I didn't make any changes). Now at 100 kg i'm using this as a last resort before I seek some outside help. I hope it will go better for me to change my eating habits now than last time. :blush:
My biggest problem is not organizing meals due to lack of time, and just eating anything. Also stress eating. In the near future I will work a little less and then I can have some time to plan ahead. Hope to get better :hushed: because I love healthy food! And when my blood sugar is balanced I don't feel the need for sugar.
Anyways, just wanted to drop a line. If you guys have some good word of encouragement to share with me that is very welcome :smiley:
Have a nice day!

Replies

• aussie_pete
    aussie_pete Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm back here to after an unhealthy hiatus :(, but I'm.back into it, getting a jump on the new year!

Best of luck!
  • berglingur
    berglingur Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks, you too! @aussie_pete
    We can dooo this :smiley:B)B)
  • GetSw0le
    GetSw0le Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! (Or girls?) Great that you found the motivation to make a change! Best of luck to you both! I have a lot of experience with exercise and nutrition so if you have any questions feel free to ask
  • berglingur
    Options
    Oooh, thanks! I actually have one question @GetSw0le.
    Would you recommend drinking smoothies while you are trying to lose weight?
    Isn't it too much calories for a drink? Should I rather just eat the ingredients to feel more full?
    Thanks!
  • GetSw0le
    Options
    Thats actually a pretty good question haha! I always used to think there's nothing wrong with them, but I found out recently that theyre not so healthy as you would think.

In real fruit the sugar inside is bound to the fiber the fruit contains. That way it takes a long time for the body to digest it and break the sugar and other nutrients down and it's also why you can feel full by eating just one apple. But in a smoothie the juice gets extracted and all that awesome fiber stays behind. So now when you drink it, all the sugar inside is readily available for uptake and this creates a huge insulin spike. Smoothies also usually contain way more than just 1 or 2 pieces of fruit, so whithout even knowing it you can easily sneak in a boat load of calories.

So definitely yeah, just stick to eating normal fruit! I highly recommend excluding all softdrinks etc from your diet. Just drink water and maybe coffee or tea
  • berglingur
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Wow @GetSw0le that's so good to know! Then i'll just stick real fruit, (plus try to cut out softdrinks from my diet).
    Thanks a million for the info! Very helpful! :):):)
  • GetSw0le
    Options
    No problem at all! Yeah that would be a great start! If you need help with anything else just let me know
  • berglingur
    Options