POSTPARTUM MAMMAS!

Options
2»

Replies

• mama_healthy21
    mama_healthy21 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    6 months pp, working towards losing the baby weight, and a healthier me, for about 4 months now!
  • ragenhay1
    ragenhay1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating when breastfeeding and trying to lose weight??? I nurse when I'm home and pump when I'm at work.

I eat 1800/day but how much you need varies from person to person. In general most women exclusively breastfeeding will need 1800-2000 calories minimum. It takes about 500calories top exclusively breastfeed. If baby is only getting breast milk but you pump that is still considered exclusively breastfed. If they are having formula or solids it drops to about 300 calories needed.
  • TamaraBrown86
    TamaraBrown86 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    21 months postpartum! Hahaha. At 9 months pregnant was at 245 and now down to 194. Another 50lbs to go!
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    4 weeks pp here!
  • megannxx
    megannxx Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I had my daughter just over 3 weeks ago. Exclusively/on demand breastfeeding, and as of mondays weigh in, I'm down almost 27lbs. I have roughly 80-100 lbs to get to my 'ultimate goal weight'.
  • shedding60
    shedding60 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm just over 2 months pp and hoping to get to my original goal weight before I got prego which is 160. I've already lost all of the pregnancy weight (yay breastfeeding!), but I still have 49 lbs to go. Please add me! It would be really nice to be on this journey with people that are in the same boat! Thanks
  • ajones421
    ajones421 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Add me too ladies, please. I am 3 months pp and could use the encouragement as well! Lost 43 lbs. Focused on losing 52 more lbs. Any support/challenges/help is great!
  • abbyfrost3
    abbyfrost3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me too! I have 8 to go to get to pre preggo, but at least 30 to get to where I'd like to be. Please add me if you like!
  • abbyfrost3
    abbyfrost3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me too! I have 8 to go to get to pre preggo, but at least 30 to get to where I'd like to be. Please add me if you like!
  • VaingloriousVictoria
    Options
    I am almost 7 weeks pp, and would like to lose 15 to get to my pre prego weight. Ultimately, I would like to lose a total of 20- 25. I am pumping and haven't lost any since delivery.