Day 1 of marathon training

Options
Looking for friends for motivation. Single mom and don't want to lose hope...

Replies

• dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    What plan are you using? Do you have others to run with? Groups make training so much better....

Check out the long distance runner's group here at MFP. All we talk about is running. :)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/94-long-distance-runners
  • angelanieves9413
    angelanieves9413 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you I will look into it :) and yeah I run with my boyfriend but he's way more advanced lol
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I'm working on a 1/2. I want to get 2:30 before I move on to a full marathon. there is also a monthly running challenge. Here is December
  • ecr73
    ecr73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my first marathon next April. Feel free to add me x
  • brianlundlarsen
    brianlundlarsen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Have run two before, currently training for another in May. Feel free to add me also.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Still building a base. My structured 16 week program will start on December 27. Ran my first marathon without a structured training program, but I want to treat the second marathon better It's kind of high profile, and it would be embarrassing if I didn't do well.
  • angelanieves9413
    angelanieves9413 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    Still building a base. My structured 16 week program will start on December 27. Ran my first marathon without a structured training program, but I want to treat the second marathon better It's kind of high profile, and it would be embarrassing if I didn't do well.

Yeah, that's what I'm scared of, embarrassing myself. This is the first time in my life of living a healthier lifestyle.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Training for another half in may...havent bit the marathon bullet yet. Good luck! Trust your program!
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »

Yeah, that's what I'm scared of, embarrassing myself. This is the first time in my life of living a healthier lifestyle.

Never be afraid of embarrassing yourself when running. This is one of the few sports where you only compete against yourself (unless you are one of the very few elite runners). No one cares how fast you are. They care only that you are out there. Enjoy the experience.
  • KathyApplebaum
    KathyApplebaum Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's what I'm scared of, embarrassing myself.
    There's only two people you need to beat. The person who stayed home on the couch, and the person you were a month ago.

You'll do great. Even dead last in a marathon is a huge accomplishment that most people achieve.

• Runningman_78
    Runningman_78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options

I don't think anyone who completes/attempts a marathon has anything to ever be embarrassed about. Put aside the time and just walk/run/crawl as best you can to the finishing line, that's all that matters.

I signed up for my first marathon in June and am excited to work towards it!