Starbucks suggestions

Options
carolinemtz22
carolinemtz22 Posts: 15 Member
Suggestions on good coffee combinations i can order at starbucks?
Something strong but low on calories.

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Suggestions on good coffee combinations i can order at starbucks?
    Something strong but low on calories.

Here's a link to the nutritional info and suggestions on Starbucks' website.

http://www.starbucks.com/menu/nutrition
  • carolinemtz22
    carolinemtz22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Gee thanks...although i was asking to see peoples own combinations. Everyone has different taste.
  • Vcorz
    Vcorz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Just drink it black....one girl I work with went from a size 2 to a size 18 in a year just by adding a morning sugary drink at Starbucks......
  • andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    What I do since I LOVE milk is to get a "dry cappuccino".
    That means foam, no milk but slashing calories by half (since they use a bit of milk and froth it up).
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Americano (espresso & water) with 2 pumps of whatever flavor syrup sounds good that day, and a teeny splash of half & half. Better to add the H&H yourself, rather than count on the barista to know your calorie and macro goals for the day :) So that means go inside and order rather than drive-through. Ends up with kind of a latte taste without all that dairy.

Sugar-free syrup would also be a lighter option, but the artificial sweetener hurts my stomach. So I just do a wee bit of the real kind.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    Vcorz wrote: »
    Just drink it black....one girl I work with went from a size 2 to a size 18 in a year just by adding a morning sugary drink at Starbucks......

That would probably be a gain of around 100 pounds. Seems it would take more than a daily frappuccino to do that.

My usual Starbucks pick is a grande dark roast (whichever one they are brewing at the time) with a little milk (skim or 2%...whatever is out). Once in a while I'll allow myself a treat. In the warmer months I'll get an iced triple grande nonfat one-pump caramel macchiato (more than one pump of syrup and it is too sweet for me). And once or twice a season, I'll have one of their seasonal specialties, like a pumpkin spice latte or peppermint mocha (again with skim milk and one-pump). I did recently try their chestnut praline latte and thought it was tasty. But even with skim milk these drinks are around 200 calories, so I don't make them a regular part of my coffee habit.
  • racheladkins2002
    racheladkins2002 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    If I need something sweet then I go for a grande skinny vanilla latte. More calories than plain coffee but still better than some of the other combos I used to drink.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Drip coffee with splenda or just black. Not a big fan of the Pike roast, though - it always tastes burnt.

Otherwise an espresso macchiato.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I doubt it was just because she replaced her black coffee with a starbucks coffee. Unless she was drinking 20 larges a day or something extreme like that.
  • rosie3050
    rosie3050 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I thought it would be very difficult to switch to black coffee, but it hasn't been. And I drink a lot of coffee. The sweetened (even artificially sweetened) coffees at Starbucks make me crave more sugar, and then I'm doomed. Also, with black coffee, I always know exactly how many calories/carbs, etc.
  • Vcorz
    Vcorz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

I doubt it was just because she replaced her black coffee with a starbucks coffee. Unless she was drinking 20 larges a day or something extreme like that.
    Youre almost certainly right....this office is full of food Ive never seen her pass up....but that's what she blames!
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options

i doubt that
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I have two low cal favorites. Double espresso with steamed fat free milk, no sugar. And skinny hazelnut latte.
  • PamGeirng
    PamGeirng Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My fave is venti iced caramel machiatto with nf milk and I sub toffee nut instead of the vanilla. I had these on a pretty regular basis of course putting all the stats in FP and I lost 52 pounds.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I love Starbucks! When I don't have room for all tha calories in a sweetened, foamy, beautiful creation, I will just order a flat white. About 120 cal, all from cream but soothes my cravings enough that I am satisfied. Thankfully the closest one is 200km from me. Otherwise it would take up a large part of my lunch calories way too often.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Pike Place 2 pumps sugar-free Cinnamon Dolce syrup plus 1tbsp (AND I MEAN 1 TBSP!!!) skim milk. ~ 38 calories, and the cugar-free cinnamon dolce is amazing
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the new White Flat...a small is only 100 calories and it tastes like the holidays!! :p
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Not coffe, but I enjoy green tea lemonade from Starbucks. I add Splenda so it's super low cal.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Skinny cinnamon dolce latte (tall) is 100 cals. It is so yummy :) You could add another shot of espresso - which would in theory reduce calories since there would be less space for milk.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Rage_Phish wrote: »

i doubt that

Well, a venti sugary drink from Starbucks can be upwards of 500 calories. If she added one a day for 365 days, that would be equivalent to 52 lb. If she were short - then yep, I could see size 2 to 18 in year. Would depend where she bought her clothes too.

500* 365 / 3500 = 52.14 lb.