BMI issues....

Options
Hello everyone,

I started my fitness and weight loss journey 2 months ago. I've lost two inches off my waist and gained more muscle mass. I've lost a little weight but haven't really gotten serious about my food tracking until 16 days ago or so. So I'm happy with my progress so far but am looking to see the scale numbers improve. However if they don't budge and I drop another two sizes which is my goal anyways I really won't care. It's more about clothes fitting and me looking fit rather than scale numbers.

I'm irritated because no matter what time in my life I've not met the BMI charts for men. Even before I needed to lose weight. I'm 6 foot 1 inches very wide frame, so the max for my BMI is 188. I've always been an athlete so I've always ranged depending on weight lifting and activity in the 200 to 220 range. My goal is to at least get down to 210 and that's obviously staying active cardio and strength wise.

I don't get it. If my blood work is steller, my clothes fit, my body looks good, then who cares about the number.

Replies