I don't know how to eat enough :(

Options
Long story short, I suffer from chronic fatigue due to a toxic exposure in an apartment I lived in last year. A nutritionist has been helping me immensely with that by switching me to a (temporary, but probably at least 4-5 months) grain free sugar free dairy free diet. This has been relatively easy for me as I was always a pretty clean eater.. I'm taking a lot of supplements to help heal my digestive tract and my fatigue has seriously improved. However I notice that most days I'm not eating enough and it's impacting my nails and hair. I really should be getting in at least 2,000 calories because I'm a 5'10'' human who works retail (on my feet for 5-8 hours 3-4 times a week) and the fatigue symptoms sometimes crop up again on days where I only get 1400 calories in. I usually don't count calories, I just rely on fullness, but I often undereat without trying! I don't know how to get in 2,000-2200 calories every day but on the rare occasions that I do manage it, I feel great... It gives me anxiety because I feel like I'm hurting myself when I'm really just trying to heal. Any suggestions? Any high calorie foods I can eat for a boost that are allowed in this diet?

Replies

• Bronty3
    Bronty3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Avocados are calorie dense. Almonds.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Incorporate some fats into your diet. Olive oil, mayo, etc. You can get lots of calories for a small volume of food, plus they taste good.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, coconut oil, hummus, avocado, pumpkin seeds. All small ways to add a few calories.
  • moonfruity
    moonfruity Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I would track food you will start to see that eating a heavier breakfast will keep you fuller longer. I like almonds and nut thins, as well as coconut oil in my coffee.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Healthy fats. Coconut Butter, Macadamias, KerryGold Butter.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Think about the rare occasions you do manage it. Pinpoint what's different. Do more of that!