Mother of 2 within 2

Options
Hello all. I am a mother of two, they are 10 months apart. The youngest is now 2 and I still have that baby fat in the tummy. I am motivated now more then ever to get ride of this. On my second week of a diet that I have for the first time really stuck to. I work out when I can, cant go to the gym so only things i can do at home. Any helpfull hints to help me along would be great. Thanks!

Replies

• 007Aggie
    007Aggie Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a former mom of 3 under 2, now 3 under 6. :)

My biggest issue is not snacking. Kids eat frequently. Be mindful of popping that spare goldfish cracker in your mouth. They add up.
  • TrishaCisneros
    TrishaCisneros Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I'm a mom of twin toddlers. They'll be two in March. I try to fit in a quick 30 min workout whenever I can. I also got a FitBit to help me track my steps. I try to stay between 7500 and 10,000 steps a day. LOG EVERYTHING. I've found far better success, however, weighing my foods instead of relying on package information.
  • Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Been there, got the t-shirt. I also have two that are 10 months apart! They're 6 and 7 now, so I can reassure you it gets easier. Just focus on your diet- that's the key to weight loss. Stick with it but don't beat yourself up if you slip every once in a while. Walks are wonderful if you can get your hands on a double stroller, or wear one baby in a sling and push the other.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I had 3 under 3 years, now they are 3, 4 and 5. Get a food scale and log everything you eat. Stay active with the kids and take advantage of nap/"quiet" time in their room to workout (DVDs, body exercises, etc.).
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I had my oldest 3 in 3 years (all singletons). Then I added #4 2.5 years after that. He's 16 months now.

The best thing for me was joining a gym with childcare! They enjoy going, which makes it harder for me to skip a workout.

If I don't go in the morning before everyone is up, I tell my kids as soon as they wake up that we are going to the gym later that day. If I change my mind and backout, I have to deal with them complaining "...but I waannntteedd to go!". Trying to avoid the whining has gotten me to the gym on more than one occasion I would have otherwise skipped!