calories short

Options
Ok this may seem like a stupid question but what happens when youre like 300 - 400 calories short for the day. Is that ok? I still had 300 calories to eat or so tonight but I made a promise not to eat after 8pm soooo. I know a bit short is ok but 300? Help..thanks.

Replies

• MMMom2008
    Options
    Ok this may seem like a stupid question but what happens when youre like 300 - 400 calories short for the day. Is that ok? I still had 300 calories to eat or so tonight but I made a promise not to eat after 8pm soooo. I know a bit short is ok but 300? Help..thanks.
  • badtzmaru7979
    Options
    your fine as long as you ate at least 1200. if you can eat them or just lose faster. its up to you!
  • throughHisstrength
    Options
    I think that being that short isn't something you should do often. Having said that I have the same problem more days than not. I'm supposed to eat 1200 calories a day and I know that you should never eat less than that. I try to plan throughout the day, that way I don't have too much to eat at night. I hope this helps!:smile:
  • jreeves1
    Options
    as long as you stick to 1200 cals a day it doesn't really matter when you eat. You will still lose weight. so if u still have 300 left & it's past that time at night, I wouldnt worry about it.
  • Erica92627
    Options
    im a lot under today, and the other day a few.. i hope that is not a pattern for me. I want to loose not gain.
  • Erica92627
    Options
    im a lot under today, and the other day a few.. i hope that is not a pattern for me. I want to loose not gain.
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Somedays I am really low calories so I just have some dessert then or lately, hot chocolate!!! It's so cold here in Chicago. Other days I am right on track. It is kinda know what you will be eating later in the day, have an extra snack or fruit earlier so you are not so deficient.
  • MMMom2008
    Options
    How did you get 1200 calories? I went by this system on here on losing 1.5 pounds or so a week and it says I get like 1500 calories or so. Maybe I should check other sites too.
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    How did you get 1200 calories? I went by this system on here on losing 1.5 pounds or so a week and it says I get like 1500 calories or so. Maybe I should check other sites too.

The calorie allocations differ according to your age, height, current weight and activity level. This is you BMR, your basal metabolic rate, which is how many calories you'd burn by just sitting around all day. It then calculates your calorie deficit according to what you inputed as the amount of weight you want to lose per week.

Everyone will vary. I'm 36, 5'6", 218lbs and I work a desk job. So it has allocated me 1200 calories a day to lose 1.8 a week. I've checked this against other BMR calculators on different sites and mine is accurate.

Here are a couple sites to calculate your BMR if you are interested

http://health.discovery.com/tools/calculators/basal/basal.html

http://www.internetfitness.com/calculators/bmr.htm

:smile: Jessica