HOW LONG BEFORE FIRST RESULTS???

Options
Okay- Ive been doing this for about 10 days now (I think) and it appears that in the morning my weight is 147 - then it fluctuates throughout the day- I am wondering how long it takes before the first few pounds register? It seems I should be seeing a steady weight loss of at least a pound a week by now.....:sad:

Replies

• Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Your weight will always fluctuate during the day. It's best to weigh yourself in the morning before you eat, after you use the bathroom.

Give it time, if you stick to your plan, exercise, you'll see results soon enough!
  • BranMuffin21
    BranMuffin21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I don't ever recommend weight yourself more than once a day. You will develop an obbession. Weight once a week in am before you eat. As long as you are sticking to your calories you will see weight loss. Also remember everything you eat before it fully digest will be weighed when you step on the scale. Don't be obbessed. It will only harm you.
  • Tigerlily47
    Options
    Yes, don't weigh yourself all day, that's crazy. You need to weigh yourself in the morning before you get dressed and before you eat breakfast. You should see some results soon if you are tracking all of your food honestly and doing some exercise. It has worked for me and I wasn't sure if it would but once I saw some weight come off it kept me going and doing lots of cardio and some weights I feel so much stronger and healthier. Stick with it...it really works!
  • cristina_marie
    Options
    Your weight will always fluctuate during the day. It's best to weigh yourself in the morning before you eat, after you use the bathroom.

Give it time, if you stick to your plan, exercise, you'll see results soon enough!

Exactly. Make sure you are also paying attention to your nutrient levels as well. Besides watching your calories, Sodium and Sugar are also 2 big things to watch. Too much sodium makes you bloat and gives extra water weight, and too much sugar turns into fat and makes you hungrier. Stick to healthy eating, drink lots and exercise. It will happen soon! Good luck!
  • RozeGod
    RozeGod Posts: 118
    Options
    Thanks everyone- I am still very new at this so am a little anxious to see my very first results. I am thinking of moving my scale- its in my gym in a most tempting spot.