Options
pie_eyes
pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
Share them heeeeere...

Replies

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I like to dice avocado and hard boiled eggs with cherry tomatoes cut in half. Add a dash of salt and a splash of vinegar or lime juice to help break down the avocado and make it creamy. Very yummy, quick and healthy lunch or snack!
  • greenfirearm
    greenfirearm Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    I like to dice avocado and hard boiled eggs with cherry tomatoes cut in half. Add a dash of salt and a splash of vinegar or lime juice to help break down the avocado and make it creamy. Very yummy, quick and healthy lunch or snack!

I recommend swapping out the eggs for tinned sardines if you want a bit of a change. Still as easy to make! :)
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »

Add cooked chicken chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and hot sauce and you have a southwest lunch bowl!
  • OliverMol
    OliverMol Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Nice
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Avocado Chocolate Mousse

Ingredients
    2 ripe avocados (I used Hass avocados)
    90 grams (1/3 cup minus ½ tablespoon) agave nectar
    40 grams (1/3 cup) raw cacao powder
    2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)

Whirr it up in a blender. You can play with the ratio of ingredients to get it to taste. I normally eyeball it. I actually had to look up a recipe to get you a basis from which to work. It's DELICIOUS. My hubby (who doesn't like avocados at all) LOVES it.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I like to make an avocado pesto like sauce and toss either zoodles or regular pasta in it. I usually blend: ripe avocado, Greek yogurt, garlic, and Italian seasoning together to make a creamy sauce. Sooooo good!
  • kelisueray
    kelisueray Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My favorite avacado recipe:

1 avacado
    1 knife
    Split avacado in half
    Remove nut
    Eat entire thing.

;)

I also really like making quinoa, black beans, onions, cilantro, grape tomatoes, and avacado. Delish.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Unsweetened Dutch Cocoa, avocado, cream cheese, sweetener of your choice, a dab of plain yogourt to thin it out a bit if necessary. Beat together well, and if you wish layer with fresh berries in a parfait glass.
    Paleo or low carb dessert. Similar to @darkrose20 post above.
    Yummy
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Also avocado mixed with almond butter and spread onto toast!(:
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I was just about to ask this... I have a couple of avocados and am looking for something new to do with them.
  • M3ltD0Vvn
    M3ltD0Vvn Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I like to substitute anything that requires mayo with blended Avocado.

Also....
    kelisueray wrote: »
    My favorite avacado recipe:

1 avacado
    1 knife
    Split avacado in half
    Remove nut
    Eat entire thing.

;)

YES!

\m/

• kimmyjean30
    kimmyjean30 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just like to eat salsa and avocado withb a spoon. :)

• Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I like the avocado with baked egg inside recipes! My Mom makes this awesome avocado salsa dip thingy. Or just avocado eaten with salt. I also sub it for mayo in recipes, and have been wanting to try the above mentioned avocado pesto.