Coffee Creamer Substitute???

Options
2»

Replies

• RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    For creaminess - I also use coconut creamer. But more often than not, I just use plain half and half. None of the substitutes have the desired creaminess and I wind up using the same amount calorically (1/2 c of skim milk vs. 2 tbsp half and half). Even if I have a couple of cups of cofffe, it's still less than 100 cals and without all of the preservatives/chemicals that some of the other stuff has. A little goes a long way, and I don't use it every day.

And as for sweet - some of the sugar free syrups might be an option for you. But I'm not crazy about them since most of them taste very "artificial" to me.
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I use sugar free coffee syrup. Zero calories!!
    I have used the carmel and the kahllua flavor. Coffee aisle.
  • katadams618
    Options
    I'd love to find a low fat amaretto coffee creamer but no luck at all-the cocoanut milk sounds good though-as well as the fat free half and half-may have to give both of those a try!
  • dnnmccloud
    dnnmccloud Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I try not to have coffee but when I do, one pack of splenda and I use the 10cal powder creamer instead of the liquids....yes I love the liquids much better but who wants those calories.....:drinker:
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    One thing I do is mix creamer and soy milk. Takes away some of the calories of the creamer, but let's me lighten up my coffee. I use Truvia for sweetness.

I've also accepted that I like my coffee with a lot of creamer and sweetener, so I limit myself to 2 cups a day.
  • Marjorielk
    Marjorielk Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I use vanilla soy milk, I love it
  • tmatrainer
    Options
    I use vanilla whey protein powder, and stevia
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    I love coffee creamers but its way too many calories for me. I use 2% milk and now anything more sweet/rich is too much.
  • sirbishop
    sirbishop Posts: 2
    Options
    x2 on the unsweetened almond milk. You can look into evaporated milk as well.
  • tiffanyrose519
    tiffanyrose519 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I just use almond milk or coconut milk, but they also have hazelnut milk at health food stores
  • aprilmama
    aprilmama Posts: 1
    Options
    I hate all that artificial creamers and sweeteners. I go for low-fat half and half, 2 TBS and 1 tsp sugar in the raw. Its just in the morning and its not a lot of calories. Keep it real. Thats the hard part about dieting is all the fake crap on the market.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Skim milk with a sprinkle of cinnamon!
  • jenjowu
    jenjowu Posts: 11
    Options
    I use 1 packet of Splenda and 2 tbsp International Delight sugar free french vanilla creamer (40 cal)
  • katiewcurlz
    Options
    I use a Torani sugar free coffee syrup. For the longest time (and I still do sometimes!), I had a hard time drinking anything that didn't end in "-ccino" :)

The brand I drink is called Torani (http://www.torani.com/products/coffee-syrup), and they make some really great flavors like hazelnut, vanilla, and caramel. I can get it at the grocery store, but World Market also has a good assortment of coffee syrups in other brands. I think Whole Foods does as well.

I was skeptical at first, but try it! A little goes a long way, AND it smells fantastic :)